BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small little compressor I've been using for about a year for my airbrush.
The feeler valve broke, and I managed to find a piece of metal to replace it. However, the metal was infintessimally thicker than the piece that broke. The compressor works fine - for about five minutes.
Then, even with a moisture filter on my line, the motor heats up so much that water begins flowing into my work, destroying the paint job.
Is there any way to repair this problem, or am I SOL? Bear in mind, it's not a huge loss because I got this compressor for $25 off a guy. :D I would just like to get it running properly again.
:)

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the compressor to KMS and they had to hunt high and low just to find a generic piece of metal to replace the feeler valve. I then had to cut it to fit and punch a hole in it. That sounds easy until you realize this a small compressor and the valve was only 3/4 of an inch long, and a couple millimetres thick. :)

·
Registered Abuser
2,051 Posts
I just gave away my Paasche compressor. Bad timing, you could have had it.
I would go with a bigger compressor anyway. The smaller ones specifically for air brushing don't work too good in my opinion. You will always have problems withover heating. The only benefit is the noise level.
Go with one of those $60 compressors form Canadian Tire or KMS. You can use it to fill you bike tires and paint. Compressors with a tank give better and consitant flow to an air brush.

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
you need to either 1. get another valve from kms thats close to the same size and thickness then file it to fit and drill a new hole...or 2 a feeler gauge has the same kind of material just match the thickness and make it fit....good luck

T

·
0 Posts
cosworth said:
post a pic. maybe I can make a valve.

Cosworth are you working as a Machinist now? I may need you to make me some stuff for the 5.0 L FordRunner conversion happening soon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts