BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ROAR!!!!!!
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. my ebay deal on the Yoshimura slip-on didn't work out... (The guy had the zyclone version but I want the race version...) So here I am, trying to setup a group buy!! I have gathered 10-12 people from another bike forum and I am just wondering if any of you guys here are interested to join the group buy. I know we live in Canada, but I got this friend that lives in Bellevue Washington and he'll let us send stuff over to his house. We can then drive/ride down there and pick them up. The more people we have, the better price we get!

Just to give you guys a rough idea

Akrapovic:::

Their retail prices on 98-02 R1's!!

Slip-on:
2002 R1, Regular Mount = $493.09 US
98-01 R1, Regular Mount = $451.66 US

Full-System:
2002 R1, Regular Mount = $825.41 US!!!
98-01 R1, Regular Mount = $824.59 US!!!

Evolution:
2002 R1, $1233.15 US
98-01 R1, $1321.55 US

I'll know the discounted price later today and I'll post them up.

If any of you guys wanna join the group buy, please pm me or email. Let me know the model and year of your bike and what kind you are looking for. (slip-on/full race/evolution/hi-mount/regular mount)

Serious people only!!! As the number of people buying will affect the overall discount that we are gonna get!

F

·
0 Posts
It's an excellent pipe! I'd recommend any Yamaha owner to get one. There's no better. I got the full Akra on my 2k.

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
I might be interested, but I can't say for sure until I find out what the price will be. Only put me down as a maybe, but I'll keep checking this forum for more future info.

Oh, I have a 2002 R1 and I'd probably only be interested in the slip-on. Thx.

·
ROAR!!!!!!
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guy didn't get back to me... I'll call him up again tomorrow morning.

·
ROAR!!!!!!
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok Finally here's the deal, the sales manager at Parts411.com told me if I can get just 10 people in the group buy, he'll do an additional 2% off on those retail prices.

So say,

Akrapovic:::

Slip-on:
2002 R1, Regular Mount = $493.09 -$9.86 = $483.23 US
98-01 R1, Regular Mount = $451.66 -$9.03 = $442.63 US

Full-System:
2002 R1, Regular Mount = $825.41!!! -$16.51 = $808.90 US
98-01 R1, Regular Mount = $824.59!! -$16.49 = $808.10 US

Evolution:
2002 R1, $1233.15 - $24.66 = $1208.49 US
98-01 R1, $1321.55 - $26.43 = $1295.12 US

Not just these exhaust systems, so if you want to get leather or other exhaust systems of other brands for other bikes that's fine too. As long as they have them on their website, you'll get 2% off. I know it's not a lot but I guess it's because their retail prices are already low.

I'll give you guys a couple of days to think about it. Just email me or reply to this post and let me know if you are in and what you need.

Since we are from Canada, those prices sound really good to me. RMS sell Akra slip-on for $900+tax!! = $1030!! We can get the same one for just $483.23US = $ 744.17CDN!! I really wonder why we have to pay an arm and a leg for motorcycle stuff here...

Once we order the stuff, they'll be shipped to my friend's house down in Bellevue (near Seattle) and we can just go pick them up.

Thx
David

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Mini said:
Since we are from Canada, those prices sound really good to me. RMS sell Akra slip-on for $900+tax!! = $1030!! We can get the same one for just $483.23US = $ 744.17CDN!! I really wonder why we have to pay an arm and a leg for motorcycle stuff here...

Once we order the stuff, they'll be shipped to my friend's house down in Bellevue (near Seattle) and we can just go pick them up.

Thx
David [/B]
You will still pay GST and PST at the boarder unless you plan on smuggling them in and then run the risk of losing your bike. Also, if you are interested in Akros you might want to check with Micron, and they are $100US cheaper than the Akro for the carbon fiber one. Also, what happens to all the factory exhaust systems, you have to make a second trip to it up? or is your friend going to deliver them all to Canada? Also, if you go to Pac-Yam and tell them that you want 10 they will do it for around $800 CDN and you don't have to drive to the states.

·
ROAR!!!!!!
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$800 tax in?

Hmmm yeah... smuggle......:D :D

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
What about duties? Most motorcycle parts are duty-free, but I heard that only applies if they are made in the US...?

IF you don't mind ditching the stock pipe, you could install south of the border and leave the stocker there for later/never.

·
ROAR!!!!!!
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In my case, I was thinking of installing the slip-on right at my friend's house. Then drive a van down there and pick up the stock one. Or, just put the stock on on ebay and auction it off.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
gordopolis said:
What about duties? Most motorcycle parts are duty-free, but I heard that only applies if they are made in the US...?

IF you don't mind ditching the stock pipe, you could install south of the border and leave the stocker there for later/never.
The funny thing is your stock pipe is worth more than the Akro that you are getting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts