BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
I think they are useless, if somebody is gonna steal your bike, they just get 3-4 guys, pick it up and throw it into the back of a truck.... also it will probably be set off all the time when people touch the bike when your not around.... spend your money on gear instead.....

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:
I think they are useless, if somebody is gonna steal your bike, they just get 3-4 guys, pick it up and throw it into the back of a truck.... also it will probably be set off all the time when people touch the bike when your not around.... spend your money on gear instead.....
I agree.. I even agree so much that I thnk the Kypto-nite locks are useless... all it did for me is make me lay my bike down when I forgot to take it off. Stupid lock.. stupid rider.
:imwithstu

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
anyone know how you can rig a bike to discharge a lil electric volt to ppl who touch it?
i remember Dat telling me a bunch of ppl did it but he wouldn't tell me how:(
it would be way better than an alarm too

G

·
I kind of disagree. I agree with the part about someone who reallly wants to steal your bike just picking it up, alarm, lock and all, but the average person who just wants to sit on you bike or some amateur thieves will think twice if they see a lock and then get the squeel of an alarm. Not only that, but generally bikes get quite a few looks from everyone as they pass by, so an alarm going off on a bike would generate even more stares, (most people don't expect an alarm from a bike) and therefore might disuade a would-be lock breaker. Even if my kryptonite has saved my bike once, it's worth it, and besides, you'll never really know unless it fails, right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts