BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to get an alarm to protect my investment. however money is limited so any suggestions for an alarm that will do the job but wont bust my wallet. thanks

·
Now accepting DONATIONS!
425 Posts
I keep mine in sight....and I have carbon knuckled gloves! seems like good enough protection to me :D

·
Registered
708 Posts
Talon T-2200 Motorcycle Alarm

This is the 'low cost' alarm we had a few members try last year. Some minor changes were made, added an extra remote and a few other gadgets.

S

·
0 Posts
that alarm should be twice that price for what you're getting. nice work brad.

S

·
0 Posts
nui9ipo said:
anything else...still quite expensive?
if ya think that's expensive for a bike specific alarm maybe you should re-think it and just put a "beware of dog" sign on your windscreen when you park it.

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
brad

you guys dont have any two way alarms do you?
where it will page you if the bike is hit or anything

·
Registered
708 Posts
Remy said:
brad

you guys dont have any two way alarms do you?
where it will page you if the bike is hit or anything
Remy look at my post regarding a paging alarm in this thread.

Clicky

I have never touched this type before, but it appears to use the same 2-way remote that Gorilla offers with their new system.....

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I have a Gorilla as well. I generally use the "I don't leave it where I can't see it" rule, but like the noise factor a basic alarm generates.

BTW, as ssblade said, if you think $100 is expensive you're in the wrong frackin' sport, dude.
And your bike is an "investment?" Do you routinely sink your money into assets that continuously depreciate? If so, I've got this bridge for sale ... :D

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
If it's something absolutely dirt-cheap that you want that just makes noise, you can consider a Xena disk lock with a built-in alarm or even one of those computer retractable cable locks with an alarm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts