Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Regular Oil

Votes: 10 17.2%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to my mechanic Gord Mcmartin and asked him what oil he generally uses for bike oil and he said Motul 5100. So I decided to do a bit of homework on the subject just for fun and learning. I found a pretty interesting web page some of you might be interested in checking out. So what do you all use.

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Oils1.html

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
i go for full only because i run the shit out of my engine, i need top of the line stuff,

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Oh god another oil thread!!

jk..

I use whatever is not stupid expensive and change often. Right now that would be Kawi's full syn for $34 for 4 litres. Filters everytime. I know you don't have to but it comes down to peace (not piece - Doug) of mind.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
Wasn't there just a poll on oil? Anyhoo, GN4 as specified in my manual. Replaced with filter every 3000km.

·
Registered
271 Posts
could someone pm me?
where can i buy amsoil.... i heard it's the best....i went to gaymart the other day.... they didn't have it...... so i dunno where else to look...... canadian tire? gas stations?

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
could someone pm me?
where can i buy amsoil.... i heard it's the best....i went to gaymart the other day.... they didn't have it...... so i dunno where else to look...... canadian tire? gas stations?
5th Gear.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
i use full vegetable Crisco!! if i can't find that at my grocery dealer i go with Mazzola. cheese cloth filter change every 10th oil change.

·
Federal Protection
358 Posts
Castrol MC 10/40 Mineral....... and it's 3.47/L at Wall Mart....

Change it at 3-5K, alternate filter changes.

Synthetic oil is for suckers....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts