BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its 4pm ish, and im riding home after pickin up my paycheck from downtown, and im going down howe st, and onto the onramp of the granville st. bridge. i notice several cars slowing down and i also see several people on the crosswalk.

3 or 4 cars ahead i see that some1 has slam on thier brakes in my lane (far right lane) and it just dominoes from there, one after another these retards all start slamming on their brakes, before i know it, im coming up to it, i quickly peeked into my rear view and see this moron in a black pathfinder tailing me, i had to start braking or risk smashing into the camry in front.

i begin braking and see that the pathfinder is getting closer, his headlights r huge. so i decide to lane split it to get myself outta the mix. both lanes were in a complete stop b/c of the pedestrians. just as i dart into the middle, i hear tires skidding and squeling, next thing i know SMASH! camry gets rear ended to hell. i got off super lucky :rockon .

pathfinder : sh*t wat the hell is everyone stopping for??
camry : ughh!!
me: u f'ing retard theres pedestrians up there
pathfinder: oh sh*t r u guys ok?
camry: ughh! yah...i think
me: u just smashed their car, wat do u think?
me: how could u not see wats goin on up there?? all our brake lights were on.
pathfinder: i was on my phone
:imwithstu
me: U WOULDA KILLED ME U F"ING SH*T HEAD

they r gunna use me as a witness. but its 100% the pathfinders fault

im home now, just changed my underwear. phew close one.

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
Good move..... +1 for you !

The xwalk on the OFF ramp on the otherside has to be a rear end nightmare.
At least on the ON ramp, people arent hauling ass THAT much (yet).

·
I do all my own stunts
3,295 Posts
holy fuck, good move, buy a lotto ticket!!

I almost got rear ended yesterday, I pulled ahead in the cross walk to avoid it, and I look back and the passenger and driver are laughing, and then they pull closer to me...taunting me....so I did a burn out, sprayed the bumper, then shot off and pulled a small wheelie. funny, they gave me lots of room at the next light, then turned off to the right and wouldn't look at me. I didn't even have to kick anyone's door :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good on you for paying attention to everything that's going on around you. Over a year ago a friend of mine got rear ended waiting at a stop light and his back is still buggered up and he has sworn off street riding.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Mirrors; they're not just for makin' the bike look good.
Way to use the power.
Take your experience and run with it... AND thanks for passing it on.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Nice save, be sure to pass along the "on the phone" comment to ICBC, I can't wait till they make those things illegal!

·
A.G.A.T.T.
428 Posts
Man.... I'll always remember what SloMo said to me after an emergency braking drill at Action........ANNNDDDDDD, You're DEAD! (I forgot to shoulder /mirror check after hard braking).

Always check for the idiot behind you!

Glad you made it out ok!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
phantomgti said:
Man.... I'll always remember what SloMo said to me after an emergency braking drill at Action........ANNNDDDDDD, You're DEAD! (I forgot to shoulder /mirror check after hard braking).

Always check for the idiot behind you!

Glad you made it out ok!

yah i totally have to thank the guys at action for teaching me that one, totally saved my life today and my bike. well the bike is stayin home till its warmer now. jeez im not risking it anymore for now.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Way to stay alert.

·
Aspiring Squid
277 Posts
Nice job man!
mental note: always check mirrors at stop lights instead of checking out the honies on the crosswalk. well... maybe a bit o both

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Now *that's* defensive driving!
Good on ya.

Woulda been nice to see Pathfinder get a boucoup dollar ticket for "driving without due care," on account of the brain cell sucking cell phone......

·
Registered
52 Posts
beaterdx,

That wasn't good luck on your part; if anything, there was bad luck all around. What you demonstrated was all SKILL!

In my books, that was a good story. Thanks for sharing. (More for us to learn from you.)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Skeleton said:
beaterdx,

That wasn't good luck on your part; if anything, there was bad luck all around. What you demonstrated was all SKILL!

In my books, that was a good story. Thanks for sharing. (More for us to learn from you.)

damn right SKILL baby! haha...:laughing

well it was crazy, im just glad i got outta that in one piece.

good thing u guys r learning, wouldnt want anyone else getting hurt, theres too much of that already this season

1 - 20 of 34 Posts