BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
User And Abuser
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, I am a moron. Last time I had the bike out which was in November, I rode home at the end of the night with about half to 3/4 tank of fuel. Put it in the garage, and there it stayed until tonight when I thought I would fire it up. battery was fully charged, as I have had it on the trickle cahrger since I put it away. I shoulda put a full tank of gas in it with stablizer, like I did with my other motorcycles....but low and behold i did not! Anyways tried to start her up tonight.....not starting after 15 minutes of trying at 10 to 15 second intervals. I know dam well that gas is shit, and there is probably a water vapour in the tank. as I type this I am siphoning 14 to 16 liters of fuel outta of the tank, and then head to the gas station to bring back 4 liters of fuel to put in the tank until its full (I got a small gas can). Anyways I always risk being the laughing stack of all ya'lls in the interest of educating....so go ahead, learn something if ya can...or just flame away:surrender

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
EVERYBODY KICK HIM WHILE HE'S DOWN! ! !... :horse

:D

·
User And Abuser
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EVERYBODY KICK HIM WHILE HE'S DOWN! ! !... :horse

:D
thats ok...my wife decided to use our new digital camera to "kick me while I am down". so you all can have your fun. I am sick as a dog right now, and all I needed to put a smile where it should was to fire up the bike, and hear the Yosh pipe sing. now I am still sick as a dog, and kinda miserable to :(

·
User And Abuser
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't believe him. Cory's been inhaling gas fumes again, just needs an excuse to go get another tankful.
thanks Steve! I could try and inhal the fumes, but my sinus's are so plugged up, nothing would get through.

BTW I siphoned 14.6 liters outta that beast. good thing I got one of those siphon hoses with the pump...and not the old fashined "suck it till you gag on it" hoses like when I was younger and less...or more stupid:laughing

·
Ride the winds of change
1,994 Posts
Cory

At least your Humble. If you can't laugh at yourself you shouldn't be laughing at others.

I cringe when the bike won't start. If you figure you put a lot of raw gas into the motor change the oil. I could hear the cylinder walls scraping from North Van.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I just went and put a full tank and stabilizer in mine this morning. But the gas can I borrowed leaked and dripped on my bike! I washed it off, but I'm hoping there will be no long term effects to the paint.

·
User And Abuser
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cory

At least your Humble. If you can't laugh at yourself you shouldn't be laughing at others.

I cringe when the bike won't start. If you figure you put a lot of raw gas into the motor change the oil. I could hear the cylinder walls scraping from North Van.
Actully I did change the oil about a week after the insurance ran out. did a full motul semi synthetic oil change...then did oil changes on all my other bikes, and topped them off with full tanks of gas and fuel stableizer...except for my poor f4i :(
tonight after a full tank of premium gas, I will try and whisper sweet nothings in her ear..er or somthing, and try and smooth things out.

I tell you if my bike could talk...it wouldn't talk to me again:laughing

·
User And Abuser
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stabilizer?

I have a better idea. Ride year round. I always have fresh gas in my tank and never worry about it sitting to long. :)
nah, sportbikes suck in the winter, except for those rare warmer days. why risk layin down a bike with fairings on the street, when I can ride the KLX, on both the street and offroad:rockon

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
what are you guys going and storing your bikes now...we're almost outa winter!!! Another few weeks and sleeps and the new riding season is upon us !!!!

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
thats ok...my wife decided to use our new digital camera to "kick me while I am down". so you all can have your fun. I am sick as a dog right now, and all I needed to put a smile where it should was to fire up the bike, and hear the Yosh pipe sing. now I am still sick as a dog, and kinda miserable to :(

I love the stash man

·
Ride Solo
4,232 Posts
Bah. Just blast some starting fluid into it and run the old gas out. Always works for me.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Sorry about yer troubles there dude - but thanks for posting up. ;) I too have been asleep at the wheel in not adding fuel stabilizer (to any of my fleet :eek)... so maybe I'll be lookin' into this tomorrow. Or the day after... maybe the weekend ...but by February for sure. :D

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Shit, I was supposed to do that today. My bike's been sitting since October, too. Meh. If it's really fucked, I'll just take it down to the shop and have them fix it for me. :D It really helps to have more money than brains every once in a while.
:laughing

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.