BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Insane?!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am unable to replace my Shark RSR2 Carbon, simply can not find a SMALL in North America, nor the exact size/model in Europe. (Dealers won't ship.)

Question to anyone that has experience with the RSR2 and Arai. I was fitted at the Motorcycle Show in January for the Arai Quantum 2 (SMALL). Nice enough lid, but lacking in features when I compared it to my Shark. (I've owned 3. Loved them.)

Not being familiar with Arai, I do not know which models in the line fit the same head shape as the RSR2 nor the feature. I will continue my research, but nothing beats real world experience with the Helmets.

Cheers:rockon

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
shark has a new model out now...sizing should be pretty standard with them...

why whould you want to upgrade...its a frigging awesome lid!

·
Insane?!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Race-R Pro? Looked over the specs, nice lid. Reminds me of the "main stream" lids. The RSR2 was just a little different.

There are currently no Canadian or US distributors, so unless someone has it on a shelf, there isn't any new inventory coming in.

shark has a new model out now...sizing should be pretty standard with them...

why whould you want to upgrade...its a frigging awesome lid!

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
My friend is the MotoGP Shark Helmet technician that goes with the circuit.

Looks like I'm getting a new lid when I see him in Laguna.
I requested a Randy DePuniet replica.

Attachments

·
Insane?!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aria

Spent some quality time touring the local shops trying to find helmets to try on. No AGV in a small, anywhere. Did find a decent selection of Aria at Carter Honda.

Of the Arai: Profile, Vector, Q2, RX-Q and Corsair V, I'm probably going to end up with the Corsair V. Closest fit/feel to the RSR2 Carbon, just a little heavier.

If/when SHARK has a North American distributor again, I'll switch back to Shark and the Race-R Pro. :D

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I have a Shark, Eden that I bought on line last year for $150. It's very comfy, looks good. It's my 2nd Shark, I like their helmets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts