BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Jason #8,946,528
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out picking up my dinner and I saw someone stunting on the street, and my first reaction was "what a bonehead". I'm sure I would have been impressed by this several years ago. However, the road was damp, it was dark out, and it was the tail end of rush hour. Am I just getting old?

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
stunting is pretty cool, but there's a time and place.

you need a poll about getting old :evilgrin

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
Yes you are getting older. But at the same time you're getting wiser. There is no doubt that stunting on public roads is stupid.

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Getting older? Maybe. Getting smarter? Definitely.

Stunting is good. It teaches you much more precise control of your bike that might be useful in some situations. But stunting on public street in traffic on a wet road is bad, bad, bad.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I love to stunt on the street drunk after dark in rush hour while being chased by the cops and shot at by the gangstas from who i stole the bike i was stunting on .....hee-hee.... we are getting fucken old! I hit 70 in a 50 zone and got scared coz there was a few cars around (would that have happend 7 years ago when we used to rip shit up)?

Lol sorry i thought you were you where my bud Jay (he is "chromedome") sorry

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Yes, you're old but there's an advantage: once the Geezer Rides begin again, you can be among other old people and make fun of the under-40 whipper-snappers... especially the idiots who stunt in all the wrong places. ;)

I enjoy watching stunters but, being a rider, I only want to see it where I know it's safe for both the stunters ...and the people on the sidewalk. We may all disagree on "where to stunt", but I suspect we'd all agree safety ought be the stunter's first consideration.

·
WMRC Past Prez three time
2,580 Posts
Time and place!

·
Jason #8,946,528
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
slowzuki said:
Lol sorry i thought you were you where my bud Jay (he is "chromedome") sorry
No worries. I've had people reminisce with me about rides "we did together", only to have to tell them that I am not the Chromedome they know.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
kromedome said:
Am I just getting old?
Short Answer. Yes!
I bet you tell the young punks to stop playing there music so loud too. :laughing
I kid I kid.

Ryan

B

·
0 Posts
Yep, as above, time and place.

I walk to the Main Street Skytrain station every afternoon. There's a big empty lot, mostly fenced off, that I walk past on my way there. Over the past week or so there have been two guys in there stunting almost every afternoon.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=vancouver+bc&ll=49.270185,-123.104274&spn=0.010991,0.023239&t=h

It's the lot (two lots?) north side of 1st Ave, between Manitoba and Ontario. Agree with the behaviour or not, at least it's a decent spot -- wide open lot, and no vehicle or foot traffic through that fenced off area.

F

·
0 Posts
Time and a place......who cares if they hurt themselves.......but what if it was you kid walking home from school?And not to mention the dads jail sentence after he rips their arm off and blugens him to a bloody pulp with it?

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
bonehead..

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Definitely a time and a place for everything.

·
0 Posts
I think stunting is pretty silly. Just people trying to show off. me and my

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
toomuchgsxr said:
beacuse you cant do it so pass it off as "silly"
He's just stirrin' the pot as he's done on other threads. Don't know who the dude is. Prolly a bored 12 yr old. :rolleyes

1 - 17 of 17 Posts