BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Necessary Evil
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the latest info on the Merrit raceway project? The website seems dead, which is probably a bad sign. Steve Dick is the bike rep for the project, what's he say?

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
Talked to Steve last night. They are concentrating on selling condos now so they can have the cash to build the track.

Maybe by 2010 is my guess.

·
its closer now
1,858 Posts
like usuall.... everybodies got big plans.... but no money or financial backers....

THIS TRACK WILL NEVER BE BUILT.... i have been hearing about this for almost 6 years now.

i say...put a pool together... do heavy campainging... start running some girls and selling crack and weed and then maybe if we are lucky and our syndicate doesnt get busted maybe JUST maybe... we can get our own track in 10 years!!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
2006 will see us commence paving the skid pad, parking areas and the track, subsequently adding many more raceway events. Accommodation for racers, driver training participants and spectators will be available on the resort.
mmmmmmkay...it was still dirt when I went through Merritt 2 weeks ago.

With zoning and services complete, construction is already underway on the first resort condominium units with completion of Phase 1 planned for The Summer of 2006. Moonshadows Campground and RV Park will be operational and providing the finest camping facilities in the area
Ummm...must have missed that too.

·
Shiftless clutcher
2,738 Posts
Last week I e-mailed the project manager for an update on the track's development, but have yet to hear back.

·
Ya, whatever.
669 Posts
...start running some girls and selling crack and weed and then maybe if we are lucky and our syndicate doesnt get busted maybe JUST maybe...
...you can afford to race!

It would be nice to see a decent track. I may be able to watch my son race by the time the west coast can support a class track.

·
WMRC Past Prez three time
2,580 Posts
Merrit rears it's ugly head again......

Although I applaud the efforts of those whish full thinkers involved I'll be old and racing vintage before we see a change of venue from Mission. My advice to those that think otherwise is to have their asses checked. All the smoke we've seen blown up their ass surely must have caused rectal cancer by now....

·
Necessary Evil
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Although I applaud the efforts of those whish full thinkers involved I'll be old and racing vintage before we see a change of venue from Mission. ....
Your old and should be racing vintage now Stef. HAHA!!:laughing

·
Registered
819 Posts
It's deader than a doornail.

The main page is now completely blank, and the resort main page is saying project under review which means they're reviewing even selling condos.

I spoke at length with the owner of Stratotech park in Edmonton who was approached to be an investor and he wouldn't touch the project with "your" ten foot pole. In his opinion the track layout was far too dangerous and the dollars involved to make it safe enough to attract anything other than local daredevils would have been too much for the project to bear. Apparently the layout included such things as a warehouse sized rock in the runoff area at the end of the fastest straightaway (that they wanted to keep) and numerous corners with little to no run-off and 150' cliffs. After his description of the track I rethought my position on Mission being too dangerous. Sounded hairy to say the least, and he knows how to build a track right. He had even brought in the same consultants he used when he built his track and they told him to walk away and save his dough.

G

·
it was going to be a great track when it was first envisioned...

3/4 mile oval, road course using up the majority of the oval, kart track, grandstands...

oh well. reality bites again.

·
2,580 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
... even if they are true.... :evilgrin

We're only as old and we feel and act. So that make me and most motorcycle racers ....er... let's see.... carry the one.... divide by 10.... about 15 by my reck'nin.

·
2,580 Posts
What is this? Was it gang up on Stefan day and I didn't get the memo. You know I do have feelings and I think they have been hurt......

·
2,580 Posts
And before anyone complains that this thread has been hi-jacked I must point out that there is nothing new at AMR and never will be..... so carry on with the slagging boys and girls.......

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
it was going to be a great track when it was first envisioned...

3/4 mile oval, road course using up the majority of the oval, kart track, grandstands...

oh well. reality bites again.
Stupid reality.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts