BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi well ive started shopping for our first family, she's a young mom with 8month baby boy and one due in march, left bad situation in ontario and lost everything, shes already in school and trying hard, finally is moving to her own place but has nothing. cody's legacy so far has bought highchair, stroller,diapers, formula, toys, clothes, bedspread,and more. cutting budget real thin as i have 5 other families to do. if any one has or knows anyone with house hold items and they want to donate please let me know. also she needs a car seat, and i dont know if she even has a crib. i will pick up and deliver that is no problem, i think we have a sofa coming for her, and i am cleaning out some pots and pans from my cupboard. thanks everyone, please call 778-837-1457 sharon, cody's mom

·
I'm a she-male.
1,410 Posts

i got a free couch, a desk, and a box of kids clothes. if interested let me know.

hi well ive started shopping for our first family, she's a young mom with 8month baby boy and one due in march, left bad situation in ontario and lost everything, shes already in school and trying hard, finally is moving to her own place but has nothing. cody's legacy so far has bought highchair, stroller,diapers, formula, toys, clothes, bedspread,and more. cutting budget real thin as i have 5 other families to do. if any one has or knows anyone with house hold items and they want to donate please let me know. also she needs a car seat, and i dont know if she even has a crib. i will pick up and deliver that is no problem, i think we have a sofa coming for her, and i am cleaning out some pots and pans from my cupboard. thanks everyone, please call 778-837-1457 sharon, cody's mom

·
Takin it like a $10 Whore
366 Posts
i got a box of childrens toys. their not junk, their for babys to 3 yrs.
Im on a roll shift for the next 4 days, so ill be back home on Fri. PM me and ill set something up.

G

·
I'd really like to help out and unfortunately everything I own is still in storage and all I have to offer is Cash.I really can't spare much at the moment but, I guarantee $100 just Pm me and we'll make arrangements where to send it.

·
RS 03.08.74 ~ 02.11.06
388 Posts
I have 3 bags worth of boy clothes newborn to 18months, a exersaucer, a whole lump of toys including mini basketball hoop, cars, stuffed animals etc... A baby bath, shoes, hats. You name it.

Thank god I read this thread, I was stepping out to donate them to the women and children shelter downtown. I would rather give them to you rather than an anonymous person. They are sentimental to me since they are the last of what Rick and I bought together. I want all of it to go to a good home...

Call me 604.767.5470 and I can drop them off to you tonight or tomorrow afternoon. I have a wagon which will hold all of it.

Rachel

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hi Sharon,

Please check out www.gatherandgive.org. They are a charity that was founded by the owner of my previous workplace. They are small but move a lot of stuff. Also, they can probably give you contact information for another organization called "Home Start" which deals with furniture type items. However, this time of year, the pickings will probably be slim at both organizations.

Good Luck. If I come across items in my own home or neighborhood, I'll be sure to let you know.

EDIT: Oh and on that note, if anyone has items that Sharon can't use but are looking for a place to donate, please check out www.gatherandgive.org. They act as a distribution center to other organizations, shelters and 3rd world country organizations. Check out their website to find out what types of items they are accepting.

Thank you all!

Regards,

Cheryl. :)

·
AKA Martini-girl!!
1,637 Posts
Hi! I have an infant car seat, baby swing, double stroller the umbrella kind. I'd love to donate as I will no longer use them...Left a voicemail...but here is my cell : 604-763-2154. If I can go through kids clothing I have boy and girl stuff avail. Let me know

Martina

OHH yea i also have a playpen, a baby change table that hooks onto a crib. may also have some extra baby blankets sheets etc...dont' hesitate to call

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Hi! I have an infant car seat, baby swing, double stroller the umbrella kind. I'd love to donate as I will no longer use them...Left a voicemail...but here is my cell : 604-763-2154. If I can go through kids clothing I have boy and girl stuff avail. Let me know

You just live on the edge, giving all of us your cell number, you might want to edit this quick.:eek

·
AKA Martini-girl!!
1,637 Posts
I'm glad I could help you out Sharon. Keep me posted on all your events, like to help out where I can!! Good luck, and you are in my thoughts!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you all so much i am overwhelmed with the kindness everyone has shown, and i will be in touch with you all to make arrangements, martina thank you so much and i will keep you posted and love to have you help us for next year, maybe we can get together in the new year k and make plans,once again thaks everybody from the bottom of my heart. i know my son would have been so proud.

·
RS 03.08.74 ~ 02.11.06
388 Posts
Sharon, great meeting you today. You are a strong person with a great heart. Thanks for you words of wisdom. I know Rick and Cody are looking over us.
It was a bit emotional giving away all that stuff but it felt really good knowing it was for a good cause.

Please keep me in mind for future events. I would love to help.

·
Obi-Wan Newbie
683 Posts
I have alot of extra household items that could be let go. PM me and let me know what you are looking for. I have some extra pots and pans, dishes and some furuniture. If you let me know what santa can deliver let me know!! I have a storage area full of stuff including some good clothing. Most of the stuff I have can be delivered.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it was nice meeting you too, and i know it was hard for you, as you can see it will always be hard, and very emontional at any time for us for the rest of our lives, even as we learn to adjust to our pain and our sorrows we will never be able to adjust our emotions they will always appear and we never know when, even if we are having a rare good day, i know this last week ive added alot to our rainfall, take care we will keep in touch and i do want to talk with ricks mom, thanks again, i have a feeling we will bond the same way i feel about martina and we just met too. xmas is gonna be hard on alot of us so if you feel the need to just talk or cry please call me, there are no time limits 4:00 am is also ok, sharon

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TIGON thank you can you give me a week or so as i have to talk to the rest of my families which i wont get till thursday k, i just want to say i learned there are many angels here on earth cause for awhile there i thought only heaven had angels. OH YEAH ONE MORE THING IF ANY ONE HAS A BELL PHONE JUST LYING AROUND ILL BUY IT IF YOU DONT NEED IT, THE SOONER THE BETTER THANKS

·
Registered
969 Posts
TIGON thank you can you give me a week or so as i have to talk to the rest of my families which i wont get till thursday k, i just want to say i learned there are many angels here on earth cause for awhile there i thought only heaven had angels. OH YEAH ONE MORE THING IF ANY ONE HAS A BELL PHONE JUST LYING AROUND ILL BUY IT IF YOU DONT NEED IT, THE SOONER THE BETTER THANKS
What do you mean by a bell phone? I have phones, dunno if they are bell phones... If you can use em, they're yours. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry people if i did not get back to most of you in time but my family has just gone through another scare. my youngest son 18 was almost killed thursday night and i am glad to report he is ok but still in the hospital for a few more days. he was in a car with a new driver who was going to fast and would not listen to the other 3 kids telling him to slow down and took a sharp corner too fast locked the brakes, rolled the car hit concret wall and car caught on fire. they are all ok with broken bones thank god and thank you cody as i know you were watching out for your brother, my son had to have a rod put in his leg, the driver and good friend of my son has a shattered knee cap and 2 broken legs the other guy was just banged up and the girlfriend of the driver has broken collar bone and breast bone. it could of been alot worse and thank god no other car was involved. i was a basket case as it is less then 2 years ago that i lost my beloved son cody to a bike accident. once again their were angels there when needed. sharon

·
AKA Martini-girl!!
1,637 Posts
WE are praying for a speedy recovery for your son...Thanks Cody for lookin over your brother!!

Thoughts and prayers are with you Sharon

1 - 20 of 22 Posts