BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
speedo looks off if you ask me. i've done those speeds and it was alot faster than the vid appears.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
speedo looks off if you ask me. i've done those speeds and it was alot faster than the vid appears.
I thought the same. I've only hit 280-ish and even then I suspect my speedo is out. Maybe we're looking at the rider's CLOCK? :devillook Maybe it was 3:03pm and he was just scootn' along at 90ks...

I dunno... I just post this shite...
:coffee

·
User And Abuser
3,917 Posts
I thought the same. I've only hit 280-ish and even then I suspect my speedo is out. Maybe we're looking at the rider's CLOCK? :devillook Maybe it was 3:03pm and he was just scootn' along at 90ks...

I dunno... I just post this shite...
:coffee
Or is this a video of you Charles? :rockon

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
nice. All I would be thinking carrying the front end at close to 200 km/h is I better put this bastard down straight! lol

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
The video seems to have a slow screen rate that's why it seems slow I guess...coming up on cars gives it away it is legit (albeit all speedos are off at those speeds...)

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
I did a video in my car once and it felt like I was on a WRC stage. The video looked pedestrian.

Since then I've had a lot of respect for in car camera and how the driver sees something video cannot reproduce. I would venture a guess the same is at work in many online speed videos that don't look right to most.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Or is this a video of you Charles? :rockon
Nope. :) Everybody knows I don't wheelie. I don't even know how and nobody wants to teach me. Don't know why. :( The wheelies I do are purely accidental, though they land better than the 3rd one in this vid. [:eek] Also, notice in the vid there's no puffs of cigarette smoke coming from the rider's helmet... the most obvious sign that it couldn't possibly be me. :D

:drinkbeer

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Nope. :) Don't know why. :( The wheelies I do are purely accidental, though they land better than the 3rd one in this vid. [:eek]
that wheelie would scare the shite outta me!!

and yes, i suspect the vid is real, i've only managed to do 256kph so far and thats about the only sign i had that i was moving crazy fast, i'm sure there was nothing wrong with the speedo, these bikes are made to be hell o' stable at high speeds, oncoming traffic gives some idea of speed, but you can actually tell more from the car thats going the same dir. as him, video just cannot reproduce the 'holly shite' effect we feel in our guts, frames per second rate has A LOT to do with this...

i just cant believe he blows in and out of the tunnels like that, thats just stupid in my opinion, open road is one thing, but you have no where to go fast in a tunnel, and damned flashing yellows are no help on this, i've come into one at somewhere over buck sixtyish, and i was had no idea it would be that scary, reference and reaction time become NULL & VOID....

cool video in my opinion, thanks Charles!!!

·
SuperStyling
3,098 Posts
So where the hell is this place??? It's so sweeeeeeet.

This video has a great cam setup where you can simulate where you eyes should be focusing at.

G

·
I have dont 268 on my bike and the way I can tell im hallling ass is cause i can barly hold onto the handle bars and the wind feels like its gonna rip my fucken head of along with my helmet. I dont know but thats the first sign I get when I am going super dupper fast.

"You have big balls; I like balls" ahaha lol :rockon

·
Redrex
829 Posts
that was sweet.second wheelie im thinking he stopped and changed is shorts.Yes to freakin fast threw the tunnels.....and where was it?
Must have been in the am im guessing. thanks

·
Black on black crime
873 Posts
I have dont 268 on my bike and the way I can tell im hallling ass is cause i can barly hold onto the handle bars and the wind feels like its gonna rip my fucken head of along with my helmet. I dont know but thats the first sign I get when I am going super dupper fast.

"You have big balls; I like balls" ahaha lol :rockon
Try tucking?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts