BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· The Comedy is in the Back
11,979 Posts
complet stop....but u should fight it..and waste the courts time...then when yorue up there and the cop is there just say u need a year to pay it off...end of story..NEXT!!!!!!

So iget this ticket for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. Does anyone know about the actual regulations for coming to a stop sign. Yes, I came to a stop, quick point of balance and then back on the gas. The cop was not even in his car at the time but says that he's got me on video tape too. I did stop to a point of balance, but did not put down my foot in which I was not aware of for "regulatory stop." Personally I think he had nothing better to do but if anyone has any knowledge or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

G

·
the way i see it ,the odds that you don't get tickets for 98% of the illegal stuff we do ,a ticket every-once and a while ,even a shit ass lame one is worth just laughing and paying .

· Registered
4,436 Posts
If he's got video, you better be darn sure that you did come to a full and complete stop, and checked for oncoming traffic.

Nothing in the regs about putting a foot down that I've ever seen.

A friend of mine who's a longtime MSF instructor in Portland got tagged on this once.

So he asked the judge if he'd either watch a video demonstrating his stop and balancing technique, or go out in the parking lot. Judge went into the lot, watched him put a foot down in a rolling stop, poking holes in the cop's assertion that you had to put your foot down at a stop to be safe. Then he did a full stop, both feet on the pegs, looked both ways, held it for a second without tipping, then went forwards.

Ticket thrown out.

· Registered
1,610 Posts
the JP cannot increase your fine for excercising YOUR RIGHT to be heard in court. A Supreme Court decision was clear on this.
Correct. However, he can take into account your previous driving record. If you have a history of driving violations, he can increase the fine. Also, the cop then has another chance to write you for any other violations that might have occured at the time that he may have let you off on.

· Registered
2,496 Posts
I thought that no video/sound devices were/are allowed in court rooms, so how would he display it as evidence?????
The courtroom has a recording device, to record testimony.
Video taped evidence is commonly used.

You may be referring to "unauthorized," devices recording the proceedings.

· Banned
569 Posts
The judge can only take into account your record for the sentancing phase, it cannot be introduced as evidence prior to him giving a verdict.

Even when the record is taken into account at the sentancing phase, he cannot jack the fine or gank your DL. It would be punishing you for excercising your right to have your day in court, and judges look highly on being principled and fair to people and ensuring all access to due process without risk of fine increases for excercising their rights.

That is why the respectable high court judges at the Supreme Court instructed their backwater distant inbred half cousin traffic court Justices of the Peace (traffic court judges) to cease jacking fine by way of their decision at a higher court level which sets a precedent for their backwater brethen to abide by.

Do not fear court. It is good for you. You make money. A 150 dollar ticket is actually worth like 225- 250 by the time you pay income tax on the money you earned to pay it.

And it gets you better at public speaking under pressure!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.