BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Veritas Aequitas
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not sure how many have heard yet, but there was another accident last night
a pick-up hit a bike in langley and a 40 year old surrey woman, who was riding as passenger, was killed

i wish everyone close to her all the best in getting through this..

if anyone has any information as to what happened i would appreciate the update

ride safe out there guys! i know it's said over and over in here.. but don't just SAY it - RIDE SAFE & TAKE CARE!

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
R.I.P. and condolences to family and friends:( .

Ride safe and wear your gear...

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
~RIP~

I saw no less than 3 potential fatalities on my drive (took the cage) to work this morning. A stop sign running left turn, a guy asleep at the wheel taking up 2 lanes, and a truck that didn't check his mirrors before changing lanes.

Keep your eyes open, and don't put yourself in any situation where you can't stop or swerve.

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Wear that gear gang.

Deaths in the family are hard to handle. Let's try not to repeat this through our own actions.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
I just heard that on the radio during my drive into work this morning. It hits so much closer to home when it's a motorcyclist, rather than just a random car accident.

·
565 Posts
My condolences as well.

My advise to everyone (comes with 20 years riding/driving experience):

Always be ultimately in contol of your situation.

If you are riding in a a manner that you depend on others to not cut you off etc. because you couldn't stop/avoid the situation even if you tried...then you are riding out of control.

NEVER depend on others to avoid the accident or you WILL be hurt or killed sooner or later.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Eddie said:

If you are riding in a a manner that you depend on others to not cut you off etc. because you couldn't stop/avoid the situation even if you tried...then you are riding out of control.

NEVER depend on others to avoid the accident or you WILL be hurt or killed sooner or later.
I'm with Eddie here. Reading the traffic and anticipating escape route opennings goes along way.

RIP. I feel for the owner of the bike. I'm sure that he/she would give his/her own life to bring back the passenger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts