BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so im out with my buddies yesterday doin the s2s, at a nice legal pace and on the way home we take the gaglardi exit. i had recently used this corner to practice on, so i thought id give it a little heat(nothing too extreme). i back off from traffic about 150 ft. with one of my buddies in front and the other behind me and open it up when i thought there was enough room. im going about 95km/h while entering the corner & realise im catching up extrememly quickly. my buddy was in the middle of the lane, and for some reason i thought i'd move to the outside in case i was going to catch up :banghead. gravel all over the place and down i go ino the barricade. im f'ing pissed at myself. somebody please ream me out so i don't do something retarded like that again. :rant.

S

·
0 Posts
Wow, you just reamed yourself out, you're a big man too do that.
I actually thought you were ranting about someone else.
Hey, shit happens...so live and learn.
You okay though?

oh BTW
:ban from riding, hehehe j/k

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
ok...you stupid fucking moronic idiot give us all a bad name asshole kinda shouldn't be on the friggin road go beat your head against a wall cause it won't hurt turd burglin son of a spider monkey worthless piece of camel doo doo waste of good skin blemish on society festering bowl of dog snot!! not too harsh was i?? i apologize if so but YOU DID ASK FOR IT!! :laughing :laughing

R

·
0 Posts
After you're through beating youreself up, make sure you report this to ICBC so they can get some whacks in. After all, their the experts at reaming.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Purplekawi said:
ok...you stupid fucking moronic idiot give us all a bad name asshole kinda shouldn't be on the friggin road go beat your head against a wall cause it won't hurt turd burglin son of a spider monkey worthless piece of camel doo doo waste of good skin blemish on society festering bowl of dog snot!! not too harsh was i?? i apologize if so but YOU DID ASK FOR IT!! :laughing :laughing
damn. that hurts. j/k.

im ok, just a "bone flake" chipped off ofmy right thumb and foot for which ive now got a splint. my bike on the other hand...well, i dont know just yet, its leaking rad fluid, and looks like shit. i almost cried last night thinking of how my poor bike's doin. i loved that bike.

·
Unregistered User
2,769 Posts
Brand new RR - you 've paid the price already. But count yourself one of the fortunate ones you were not more seriously injured, and take heed of the lessons:

1. don't crowd the rider in front of you;
2. passing on the outside shoulder of unknown road surface is just asking for it.

Now pick up the bike, brush yourself off, and think about how to avoid it next time.

·
Registered
520 Posts
All I can say is... you are an idiot, lala, lalalala...you are an idiot, lala, lalalala...you are an idiot, lala, lalalala... :)

Post pictures of the ride, or what ever is left form it.

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
[ream] Well, let's see... Speeding, not reading the road conditions, dropped it in the gravel. And you want <b>sympathy</b>? Moron. [/ream]

Okay, i'm just kidding. Hope you're okay. I ride that offramp a lot, as I live just north of it. Stay in the middle, it's a nice sweeper. Get to the edges, and there's <b>lots</b> of shit on the road. Gravel, dust, dirt, pieces of 600RR, etc. And now I have to watch out for rad fluid too. Grr... :rolleyes

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
btw. have any of you felt like this in the hospital:
when i got there, royal columbian, it was packed, and obviously i wasnt helping. made me feel selfish to take up valuable time and resources @ the hospital because i want to go out and have some fun on adeath machine. try to be extra courteous when in a hospital. i was talking with my x-ray nurse, and she was pointing out the effects of the underfunding. a quick example: they stil use paper forms to fill out -very time consuming. apparently a digital system could have had it done instantly. this is very frustrating for them.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
i went to Maple View Hospital in Maple Ridge when i banged up my shoulder on Seymour snowboarding. wasn't crowded and was very nice. they looked happy to have something to do. guess the whole problems with the hospital system's is only in larger cities. sure hope i don't have a life threatening in one of them!!

·
1 up - 5 down
336 Posts
Mad Cow,

The way I see it, concidering recent happenings, You should be joyous.

A bone flake and a broken motorcycle... So sad,

Learn from your good fortune and "Pay it Forward."

·
Addicted to two wheels
2,615 Posts
Mike! Shake it off as a "Lucky" learning experience.....If you do it again, then you are stupid! Glad you're ok.

·
Registered
190 Posts
hey savage bovine,

glad you're ok - no chastising from me dude ! how many times have we all done the same thing ? Thanks for posting - helps us remember to have fun but be ready for the unexpected .

S

·
0 Posts
gravel in the corner...
Well, that sucks, but you pretty well have to expect it every time you go in a tight corner.
Next time all i can suggest is if you see gravel and you are going to fast, straighten out the wheel and hammer the brake hard before you reach the gravel. This will likely take you close to the edge of the road, but your speed will be considerably lower and you will then be able to do the turn without losing it. If you do drop it still, well the damage will not be as bad.
I have done this on more than one occasion with good results. the last thing you want to do is panic on the gravel or try to maintain your speed....
Sorry it happenned, but glad you are alright and were wearing proper gear.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
heres a couple pics. hard to tell in the photos, but the tail is cracked and a number of other bumps.

i definately consider myself lucky, and will learn from it. if i go on a group ride with any of you in the future i'll let you know who i am so you can stay clear. j/k. i'm honestly not a complete retard...i don't speed or make stupid passes.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts