BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL, I know I know apart from myself and the possiblity of Lloyd most of you most likely haven't even heard of the great game called cricket....

but the Canadian national team did qualify this year and will be going to the world cup in 2004 I believe....

Canada beat scotland to go, the last time they qualified for the world cup was in 1972 I think or 79......

if you have been to Brockton point in Stanley park, in the summer on a Saturday or Sunday and seen some guys dressed in white run around and do stuff then you have most likely witnessed a cricket game....

SFU cricket club 1964?, 3 months after SFU opened, till 2000 sob, sob, what a rich history they have, the SFU team used to be #1 in the 70s, and 80s, in the BC league....loved playing up at SFU....sob....now I am rambling like Bruce...lol

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I was fairly good fast-bowler in high school. A bit wild, but when my control was on, you couldn't hit me. I'd be bouncing fast ones eight inches in front of the batsman. I used the Pete Townsend "windmill" style.:D

My Dad was selected to play for Hampshire C.C. in the 60's, but being a working man, he couldn't dedicate the time to it and had to stop. There was talk he could have played for England at the time.

TSN used to have World Cup matches on, but I haven't seen cricket on the tube in years. Maybe with Canada in it, we'll get some coverage in 2004.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
While I have never played, I used to watch the Pay-Per-View matches all the time (before the digital cable made my black box useless) and it was awesome! Very exciting, and the crowds were always large and boisterous. I did not understand much of the rules, or the language (what the hell is an over?) but it was still fun to watch. :)

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Human said:
....now I am rambling like Bruce...lol
What? Me? Ramble? I have NO idea what you're talking about thankyouverymuch................ (nose held high and aloof staring away from the aquisational grin on Farhad's face) "sniff"

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
vrecksler said:
While I have never played, I used to watch the Pay-Per-View matches all the time (before the digital cable made my black box useless) and it was awesome! Very exciting, and the crowds were always large and boisterous. I did not understand much of the rules, or the language (what the hell is an over?) but it was still fun to watch. :)
An "over" is the cricket equivalent of an innings, only instead of changing teams after every over, they just change ends of the pitch. The teams don't change offensive/defensive positions until the first team is entirely "out" which could take three or four days.:laughing

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Any Cricket players on here ???

BMatthews said:

What? Me? Ramble? I have NO idea what you're talking about thankyouverymuch................ (nose held high and aloof staring away from the aquisational grin on Farhad's face) "sniff"

I am going to call you SIR Bruce from now on....I make a motion for Adam to Knight Bruce The Rambler.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts