BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a 2 inch crack on my right tail fairing. Does anybody here have any connection with good painters that can repair plastics? Its such a small crack so I don't want to be charged full price from any old stranger.
 

·
Back Again!!
Joined
·
852 Posts
Call donald at 813-1891... He does some work for carter honda and has done some work on my bike. He is really good, mobile and cheap. I always call him or I have customers call him when they need work done on a car or bike, Metal or plastic . Tell him paul from carter honda sent you, and he'll hook you up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanx, that was quick. Is it a business that he owns? or something that he does on the side. I just need to know if I should call during business hours or what.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,666 Posts
I used to know a guy named Ryan, he rode a CBR 600 F3...;) Try giving him a call. hehe :D
 

·
Back Again!!
Joined
·
852 Posts
He owns the business and he works out of his van, so just tell him where you are and he'll go there. But do make sure you tell him i sent you cause , I made sure that whoever i send him gets a little better deal!
 
G

·
bugs said:
He owns the business and he works out of his van, so just tell him where you are and he'll go there. But do make sure you tell him i sent you cause , I made sure that whoever i send him gets a little better deal!
does he just do basic stuff????..... like solid colors and stuff or would he be able to slap on a design on a helmet and stuff???...

btw, BUGS... were u able to look up a deal for that part i wwas asking about????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Bugs, thanx for the info. I guess I should ask what sort of painting he does.

Right now the rear tail piece is custom with mostly silver, but with quite a bit of blue/black pearl. Will he be able to match this colors?

And also on the side.

I'm a huge fan of VTR 1000's. Hows the gas mileage on it?

Right now I'm filling up 9 bucks (11.3L) of 92 octane for about 170km worth of riding. Seems sort of shitty for a 600, but if your VTR gets near that I would be interested in eventually owning one. What are your impression?
 

·
I'm back
Joined
·
1,947 Posts
Bugs said on Sunday he was getting 120 Kms a tank in the city, least I think thats what he said :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,489 Posts
Don't use Dirty Werks painting, the one that was advertising at Mavericks. I will reserve any further comment, but ask me in person and I will fill you in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,489 Posts
Sewman said:
Hey Bugs, thanx for the info. I guess I should ask what sort of painting he does.

Right now the rear tail piece is custom with mostly silver, but with quite a bit of blue/black pearl. Will he be able to match this colors?

And also on the side.

I'm a huge fan of VTR 1000's. Hows the gas mileage on it?

Right now I'm filling up 9 bucks (11.3L) of 92 octane for about 170km worth of riding. Seems sort of shitty for a 600, but if your VTR gets near that I would be interested in eventually owning one. What are your impression?
You must ride your 600 hard. I fill up about the same and get 200km before the gas light comes on, on my R1
 

·
Back Again!!
Joined
·
852 Posts
thats 140 kms in the city and 200 highway. have to sacrifice fuel for torque!:D
Cost 9 to $10 high octane.
inregards to donald and the paint job, trust me ,this guy is good. I recommend him to everyone. He will match any colour to fix. And being mobile is cool. Call him.
 

·
Resident Banana
Joined
·
2,694 Posts
Digi168 said:


You must ride your 600 hard. I fill up about the same and get 200km before the gas light comes on, on my R1
I don't think its too bad. I get about 180km out of a $10 to $11 fill up.
 
G

·
funny, i got 175km from my last tank and it was pure city riding, complete with traffic jams and all. Pretty horrible!
 

·
Back Again!!
Joined
·
852 Posts
Funny enough, do we actually think about how much we spend on gas when riding? I know that I am more worried about having not enough enough fuel to ride!:D
 

·
Back to the OG
Joined
·
228 Posts
No doubt. The fact that my vmax has worse MGP than a honda civic or the like is quite funny to me. Like you, my only concern is having enough gas on a long trip: 170km doesn't get me too far, so I'm thinking of buying some fuel containers from a camping store for backup. Strip the paint, and it'll look like Nitrous bottles! (not that I'm into that crap)
 

·
Back Again!!
Joined
·
852 Posts
hey ..listen...like my VTR your Vmax has whats called ..POWER!..When it comes to that..who cares about fuel economy. All i care about is that after all the twisties and straights , give me a gas staion to fill up on gas and a relaxant!
i seem to be getting a rush from all that torque and ..i admit..i am addicted!..(ps...atomlowe...feel the force!:D )
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,114 Posts
i'm gonna give my air filter a good clean this weekend, in hopes to improve gas mileage a bit better, and smoothing the bike out more so she breaths easier....

I can hit 230-235km on a tank until i'm bone dry empty.... usually hit 180-190km until my fuel light comes on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The type of gas mileage that I get doesn't really concern me unless its worse than my car.

But it's a little unnerving filling up all the time. Even though you only put in 5 or 10 bucks each time, it seems like the bike goes through alot of gas because you're frequenting Chevron all the dam time. :rolleyes

Woa, check this happy face out.

:rider
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,489 Posts
How did this go from finding a paint guy to a mpg debate.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top