BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

301 - 320 of 347 Posts

·
Banned
5,231 Posts
Pretty cold in Whis today, and snow on the ground in Kadenwood...

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
Anyone get a peek at the north shore mountains today :) ?
it was....

wait for it..

Jizztacular!

looks like start of the season will be same as end of last season. I wont know whether to go riding or ... riding :D

·
15,773 Posts
Cypress opens tomorrow... with what looks like a half off for the opening day

http://cypressmountain.com/

how am i supposed to get ANYTHING done now?

·
Formerly kanelupis
5,252 Posts
A foot of snow.... I don't like rocks with my wax....

Buddies and I have booked a loft for 4 nights in Whistler (like last year) starting Wed Dec 14th. It's gonnna beeee epic.

=/\=

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Heading up opening day Nov 24th (or earlier if that's the case).

Not a word of a lie, I'm currently wearing my left ski boot after some minor modifications to the liner / tongue to accommodate Antonio.

(I named the spur on my foot).

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,251 Posts
Weather looks quite good tomorrow. Anyone want to hit Cypress? I've got a morning meeting, but should be ready to go by about 9:30am, possibly even 9:00.

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
A foot of snow.... I don't like rocks with my wax....

Buddies and I have booked a loft for 4 nights in Whistler (like last year) starting Wed Dec 14th. It's gonnna beeee epic.

=/\=
I bet I could have rented you my lawn for cheaper. $1500 for the week. ;)

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,251 Posts
I hit up Cypress today for my first time on skis. Kicked some ass and had a great time! Skiing is much easier than people make it out to be! Amateurs! :laughing

Think I might go for another afternoon sesh tomorrow. Anyone game? (Warning: I'll be exclusively rocking Panorama.)

·
15,773 Posts
how quick did you pick it up?

i want to try skiing (feels dirty saying that... kinda like saying i wanna try a harley) since it looks like i can go a lot faster with more control than on a board.

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,251 Posts
how quick did you pick it up?

i want to try skiing (feels dirty saying that... kinda like saying i wanna try a harley) since it looks like i can go a lot faster with more control than on a board.
This is the reason I'm getting into skiing:

Looks exhilarating, and I figure after a couple seasons of skiiing and a healthy amount of skydiving in between, the two can be mixed for a hell of a rush.

How quickly did I pick it up? My first (ever) run was today on Panorama. Getting to the to "big turn," I had wiped out once and had a hard time turning my "inner" foot mid-corner (to turn the other way). My bindings were also set at the softest level (I forgot to adjust them), which resulted in me falling out of them at the slightest bit of resistance. At the big turn I pulled out my keys for a make-do flathead, adjusted my bindings, and had an epiphany: if I raise my inner foot just a tiny bit off the ground, I'll have no issues "turning" it. Problem solved. From here on down to the base, S-curves, sideways braking with both legs parallel, etc., was all a non-issue. After 2-3 runs I was very comfortable going down the green run.

Then again, I've done a ton of rollerblading this year (close to 200km on the blades), and I'm sure some skills carry over. Oh, I'm also awesome.

I actually found standing in line to be harder than skiing down. My feet freakin' hurt! Although after 4-5 runs I guess they got used to the pain, cause it got a lot more comfortable.

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,251 Posts
You fall less in skiing compared to snowboarding. Snowboard offers bigger surface for artwork.
Maybe, too early for me to have a solid opinion on that. Although I can definitely say I fell more during my first day of boarding, but that was 8-9 years ago. Probably wiped out close to a million times that day, vs three times today.

I never found wiping out on a board to be an issue. People complain about it all the time, friends have broken tons of bones, etc., but I've never had an issue tbh. *knock on wood*. Had some massive wipeouts, got a little snow behind the collar, whatever. Worst I had was when I went off a mid-sized jump and landed on my chest. Tore a muscle or something, cause I couldn't move half my upper body for a few weeks after that. On the way home I handled the pedals and my license-less buddy took care of the steering, hahaha. Good times.

·
15,773 Posts
that looks like a blast.

i want to do more tree riding and just dont see snowboard having as much control as skies with poles.

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,251 Posts
that looks like a blast.

i want to do more tree riding and just dont see snowboard having as much control as skies with poles.
Hmm, not sure about the tree riding. I think I'd be more comfortable doing that on a board - less things to get caught in the trees, branches, etc. Would suck to have your skis go different ways around a tree, ya feel? :laughing

I did love not having to sit down every time I got off a lift to put on my bindings. Oh, and being able to move on flat/incline spots is freaking awesome, too.

·
15,773 Posts
couldnt those fucks wait?

how am i supposed to get ready for my exam with all of this?!

301 - 320 of 347 Posts