BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

321 - 340 of 347 Posts

·
You'd be surprised
1,329 Posts
I'm going heli skiing this year so long as we get some good snow!

speaking of which, Whistler is opening on Friday! and it is supposed to snow down in north van this weekend!

·
Token Aussie
255 Posts
Might be heading up to Whistler tomorrow depending on if I can find people to go. I need more unemployed boarding buddies or some that are more willing to skive work for the day.

·
padawan
1,942 Posts
Hmm, Grouse opens today as well (limited from 3-10pm, and only a couple of runs at the top).

My 14-y.o. is stoked to go up and we've got the Y2Play Family Pass again, so I'm warming up the waxing iron.....

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
I'm waiting to go until tuesday/wed next week. I have a new board and don't want to take it up just yet. I'm picking up my shitty rock board tomorrow in Van.

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
... my epic snow tires didnt quiet work out :(

well. tires worked out. wheels they were mounted on didnt. Now to either sell them to someone or look for a set of different wheels at extra expense :(

·
Is it winter yet ?
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #333 (Edited)
SNOWMOBILES , there like sportbikes just faster and climb insane stuff
what He said :D

Just imagine your bike has 160 hp, the engine runs at 13,000 rpm all day long, the asphalt is made out of clouds, you can make twisties and jumps out of every part of the road and there are no impound laws, cops or choppers (well, unless you break your sled way the hell out in the back country and need a lift out... don't ask how I know). And as an added bonus, sleds counter steer too !!

gonna take mine out on saturday to break in the new motor and track .. :rockon

Heli's are cool and all ,, but when you are sled skiing, you have a blast sledding and you have a blast skiing .. then shortly after, you will stop skiing and just go sledding.. like every other sledder out there.

Not to mention, playing in the trees is exponentially more fun on a sled (and more expensive if you happen to hit one)

·
padawan
1,942 Posts
That's cool and all, but just not in the budget for a while...

I hope all you sledders are taking avalanche safety *REALLY* seriously! There's too many incidents every year and as a former back-country dude, it's nothing to take lightly...

BTW, where are all the epic photos from this epic early season??? My 14-y.o. said Whistler got 60cm fresh yesterday - WTF? Is that true??

·
Is it winter yet ?
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #335 (Edited)
That's cool and all, but just not in the budget for a while...

I hope all you sledders are taking avalanche safety *REALLY* seriously! There's too many incidents every year and as a former back-country dude, it's nothing to take lightly...

BTW, where are all the epic photos from this epic early season??? My 14-y.o. said Whistler got 60cm fresh yesterday - WTF? Is that true??
yes, I agree that this is NOT a low budget sport. everything from safety gear, transportation, maintenance, and rescue costs substantially more than motorcycling .. but those who do it, know it's worth every penny :)

we certainly do take avy danger seriously .. don't worry !! everyone I ride with either has their AST 1 or is going to take it this year, we all know how to use our gear and most of us have avy airbag packs.

whistler is getting absolutely dumped on... it's building a really nice base.
Here's some "epic" shots from vernon area .. this is from a couple weeks ago

web9.jpg

·
padawan
1,942 Posts
:jerkoff

·
Is it winter yet ?
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #340
aaaah ... nothing like watching sled movie trailers in July and selling everything I own so I can pay cash for my new 2013 sled that's coming in November

Anyone wanna buy a truck or two? how about a trials bike ? a street bike ? kidney ?

(yes I understand I have issues, but hurry up already winter!)

321 - 340 of 347 Posts