BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems that I wreak havoc with electrical devices. If I had a dollar everytime some electrical component crapped out during/after my use, I could retire. I've somehow managed to destro/corrupt new flashdrives, motherboards, ignition systems in bikes, etc.....all without any abnormal use or abuse.

If I dont wreck items, I also cause random errors to occur. For instance, the PC's here at BCIT are all pretty new but I've managed to corrupt at least two of them so that they constanly generate error messages while in windows. Again, working in the same manner as the rest of the students.

Any insight?

Oh one more thing, I dont know if its just my perception or not, but street lights seem to turn off occasionally when I walk by one.....ive noticed this on more than a few occasions, enough to wonder anyway.

D

·
0 Posts
it's your aura.

we had a girl at work that could kill a monitor by touching it. any computer i put in front of her needed service at least a week after she got it. hard drives crapped out, memory went flaky..

i'd say you probably are prone to static electricity buildup. gets worse in the winter? got dry skin in the winter?

try putting a tupperware bin of water near a heat register and see if you can get the humidity up in the house.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
You are the devil!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Maybe you should change the kind of shoes you're wearing. The rubber soles on your shoe could generate enought static it would zap anything electronic. Happens quite a bit apparently.

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No its not static, and I dont actually touch the parts that I affect, although I do notice an increas (like everyone else) in electrical charge when the weather gets cold and dry, which it HASNT been very much at all this winter, and parts are still dying left right an centre.

My place is kept at a constant 50% RH, to avoid static and bugs.

I've heard about that aura theory, is that related to biomagnetism?

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I just think you're jinxed, buddy. :p

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Maybe because your such a major egghead minor technology just capitulates in your presence. We're not worthy, we're not worthy :bowdown :bowdown

R

·
0 Posts
I offer excellent reception; within 5 ft. Then when i'm out of that 5 ft reception SUCKS. It's tough to deal with. :(

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
Dalma said:
My wife is like that with watches as well. She has four or five and they run and keep perfect time but put on one and it dies within days. Diablo I say ;)
I used to work with a woman that had the same type of thing.
She'd screw up anything electronic just by being close (not even trying to operate it)
The watch thing happened to her too. (didn't even wear one, it was so bad)

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Damn, theres got to be a way to put all that energy to use somehow
Donate yourself to "research" by some covert govenment agency!! :alien

·
Nite Rider
1,745 Posts
REVELATIONS said:
Oh one more thing, I dont know if its just my perception or not, but street lights seem to turn off occasionally when I walk by one.....ive noticed this on more than a few occasions, enough to wonder anyway.
Weird. This exact same thing happens to me also. It's very strange and I think of myself as a pretty logical person so I just assume that I notice these sort of things very often as opposed to assuming that they turn of because I'm just near them. Every week I'll see 2 - 5 lights go off in various places.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
the streetlights going off is something I experience too, so I don't think that's connected to the other aspects of the interference issue.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Skull? It's Mulder... that smoking bastard is at it again!

·
Formerly kanelupis
5,252 Posts
a walking emp device?

now that could be put to use.......

"Hey, Rossi, big fan o yours. Could I see your bike?"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts