BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
New chain...Soo smooth...
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was scanning the Buy & Sell and thought that this ad was interesting (yet obviously very flawed) so I fired off an email to him to see what kind of response I'd get.

My original message:

"Are you selling the bike, or the paint job? If you are selling the bike, please reply - thanks."

Got this (below) response this morning - smells like your typical scam...

"Hello,

Thank you for your interest regarding my bike. Here are the details that you have to know about this deal. Firstly, I have to let you know that I am located in Slovakia along with the bike. I am trying to make a new life here because my wife wants to be closer to her family.
The bike is presenting in a very good condition, never involved in accidents, no need for additional repairs. It has always been garage kept. It comes with all the documents needed for registration, it has a clear title and it can be anytime registered into your name without a problem. The original receipt and all remained warranty information packet with enrollment number is included for you. If necessary I will even assist you in getting warranty help, most people just dump it on you with a useless warranty.
The price I want to obtain for it is $ 2,400 and if you agree with it we can start to complete the transaction. I realize that is a cheap price for such a product but my special situation makes me do things that I wouldn’t do in normal circumstances and believe me it is not easy at all for me to sell a thing which was one of my dreams during last years. I've wanted to register the bike here and keep it for me. Unfortunately import taxes and european regulations made me change my mind. Now I am trying to sell it back for such a low price because next week I have a deadline term for paying those taxes.
If you are serious interested please let me know as soon as possible so we can move forward with this deal. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you!"

WTF? Slovakia? you REALLY think those pics are from Slovakia? Gimme a break... ugh... and the heart wrenching 'make a new life for my family' line makes me ill...

Caveat emptor.

It's typical of the many B&S scam ads pointed out before, but I've been feelin' crappy from all this shitty weather and had to vent... :mad

F

·
0 Posts
hahahaha nice better yellow than LE ,,,WTF ? what makes a vete yellow better ? the LE is a race replica scheme with history behind the design ,this looks like a school bus.

email him back and tell him"AHH good you live in slovakia ,,great so do i ,i got your contact info from the BUY & SELL and il be commig over to your house today after 4pm ."

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I always wonder how many people are actually dumb enough to fall for something like this.

·
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a January clearance bargain time! We've gone CRAZY!
For a short time only, you too can get RIPPED-OFF for only $2400!
That's right!
Save over $1000 off our regular RIP-OFF price of $3500!
Call NOW! - this is a limited time offer!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Its way better to send your money to the Nigerian guy who will then send you the $25,000 he made with your $2000!!!

What a deal!

·
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm... I think those pics are from BC or AB (or al least Canadian anyhow). Should keep an eye out in the spring for an '04 R1 squidding around with that ugly paint job, or maybe at SBW or something...

'vette yellow? ugh... More like 'A night of heavy drinking cheap beer and eating too much McDonalds food, and then vomiting in the toilet YELLOW'...

·
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
found the same ad on Ebay as well.... $6500US!

·
Registered
29 Posts
im actually in contact with the yellow r1 scammer right now. when i first got the link from a friend, i didnt immediately realize that it was a scam...then when i realized it, i decided to go along with it. now im trying to get him to send me some money.

i'll keep you updated on how it goes. i still have all the emails, so if i successfully scam the scammer, i'll put it in a word doc and post it wherever i can.

·
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Keep that fish on the hook!!
Drop us a line and let us know how you make out....!:evilgrin:rockon:evilgrin

·
Registered
29 Posts
well, it looks like the scam is coming to an end. im getting bored of dragging it on. i've been playing dumb for a long time, and this guy probably thinks he's really close to getting his money...but i think its time to tell him the truth. i'll probably just send him a link to this thread or tell him to fuck off or something.

he made a bunch of fake domain names that are similar to squaretrade.com, but the whois reveals that its bullshit. he also sent me a bunch of emails from "squaretrade", but the address was @usa.com which is a free email site.

oh well, i took him for a ride, but im bored now. i'll compile all our email communication soon and post it here. it was actually quite funny when i was playing dumb and it was very obvious it was a scam.

if you've got any suggestions on how i should tell him to fuck off, please reply.

thanks

D

·
0 Posts
get him to start sending you pictures of himself with various idiotic sayings to them. get him to hold up a sign with something like "i blow goats" on it and see if he will jump thru the hoops to get your money.

the nigerian suckers do it all the time.

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
Yeah I dealt with the exact same guy, I knew it was a scam and played along for a long while. Problem with playing along is they are always better at playing dumb then we are, so in the end it just gets boring. There is much more pleasure in just shutting it down in one reply stating something horribly undesirable about their mothers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts