BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My search continues for a used bike, there aren't many choices out there for the amount of money I am spending. I know the ZX-7R is heavy but I always liked the looks of the thing. I have found a few zx-7r out there in my price range. Anyone ever own one of these and I heard they handle too sweet.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ask FastMickey .. he used to ride a ZX7R with Hindle slip-ons. I rode it for like 2 mins =) The ergos are very racey. He'll post more later, but from what he said .. the bike is very stable in the corners. Very heavy in the parking lot =) ... engine is racey ... well he was always passing my ass.

Styling wise? I love the style with the newer cat eyes. blk/silver is yummy. good time to get one because they are older and you can probably get a good bargain happening.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Manny,

As I suggested to Farhad.. yes it is heavy, yes the power is comparable to a new 6R, but the handling is sweet and it's a much more aggresive riding position.

If you are interested, take one for a spin.. it's the only way to tell and since you're used to a 6R you can make a very informed decision.

Jim.

B

·
0 Posts
Did you see the 99zx7r in the buysell.com for $2295????
Look under the motorcycles section, it should still be there.

·
space for sale
501 Posts
the 7r is an awesome bike. It should be just as quick as some of the newer 600cc bikes, but changing the gearing is what most people with 7r's do.

The best thing about the 7 is the way it handles. It is so smooth and predictable. If you hit a bump mid-corner, the bike will soak it up and spit it out like it never happened.

·
Registered
332 Posts
yeah, i used to have a Zx-7R 92', it was pretty old... since i had it a year ago. Bought it for $5800. It engine sounded really coarse, and different from more current model 600 or 750's, but it was a special bike, althou very heavy, because it was when they first just starting to mk liquid-cool engines. i think it was somewhere around 460 pounds.... it felt more like 500 pounds thou. I totally agree with SMZ, the 7R just felt realy stable no matter what u do to it. part of it could be due to the heaviness. There is a regular ZX7, the Zx 7"R" is a model good for racing, and later on they had the ZX 7 "RR" which is even more racier. A older generation Zx7R like mine right now.. should be in the less than $5000 range.... but if u want 96' above, then the price would probably jump to about $7000. but u can get a brand new 98' one right now for about $8500. :rolleyes no many people want them anymore simply because there hasnt been a major upgrade since its introduction back in 96' except colors. Its still winning races in AMA superbike series (eric bostrom) but one thing u have to know is that the race bike bostrom races is very much different then the one you buy off the shelf.... carbon fiber everything... think about the weight savings...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts