BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
there are a number of stores in MongKok that sells bike stuff and you can usual get better deals than here. you can pick up a top of the line Aria for around $650 which list like 50% off retail here. the biggest place is probably Motomart, you can check out their website at http://www.motomart-hk.com.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
just to let you know...the helmets in hk are not DOT certified....I bought an aria helmet in hk knowing this....but thought what the hell....if its safe enough to be ridden in hk....it should be safe enought to be ridden in van.....plus it was so much cheaper :D
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
yes yes and yes

Bike in Black was kind enough to send me an array of HK motorbike shops so if you're interested I'd be more than happy to pass
on the information for u.

I've talked to friends in Japan ,and Hong Kong seems to be the
cheapest place to pick things like Arai helmets up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20 Posts
SiR6 said:
just to let you know...the helmets in hk are not DOT certified....I bought an aria helmet in hk knowing this....but thought what the hell....if its safe enough to be ridden in hk....it should be safe enought to be ridden in van.....plus it was so much cheaper :D
I am assuming this is just becuase they don't have this regulation? Surely they must have some regulation? no? And even then, wouldn't you think Arai in all there glory would produce the same helmet and ship it around the world and not make a 'lesser quality' version? This is interesting - as I have a cousin in Japan right now and I'd be curious to know what I could save.
 

·
ignorance + apathy
Joined
·
286 Posts
adamantium said:


I am assuming this is just becuase they don't have this regulation? Surely they must have some regulation? no? And even then, wouldn't you think Arai in all there glory would produce the same helmet and ship it around the world and not make a 'lesser quality' version? This is interesting - as I have a cousin in Japan right now and I'd be curious to know what I could save.
You are right ...
In HK, they use England/Euro safty standard (I forgot the name) and Japan has it's own standard too.

There are still some models with DOT or Snell selling in HK. Like the HJC, they are the same models of what we can buy in Van (CL-12 & AC-10) but about 40% cheaper and they are DOT/Snell approved. Just check the helmet label/sticker or tell the sales person what you are looking for.

I have heard that mc gears in Japan are quite expensive but their products are well known for their high quality. Brands like Kushitani or Nankai are very popular in Asia. You can find their products among those shops in the list below. The gear prices in Hk are cheaper but selection and size is limited. Women size gears are really really hard to find in HK. I could not find any jacket or gloves that fit my wife in HK.

In Japan, you may find their full line of products but you have to pay more. Keep in mind that their living standard is way higher than ours, those prices may seem cheap or reasonable to local people but high to us.

Regarding to the list I sent to WhiteDragon, here it is with product brands they carry:

Moto Mart Co. Ltd
1/F., oriental Daily News BLdg.,
6 Kwei Chow St., Tokwawan. Kowloon
(852)2362-0388
http://www.motomart-hk.com/
- *** biggest mc shop in HK, all brands (limited size), must see

branch:
G/F., 17 Kwong Wa Street, Mongkok, Kowloon
(852) 2384-7478

Sanwa Motorcycle Company
G/F., 9 Junction Road, Kowloon City, Kowloon
(852)2336-6880
http://www.sanwamotorcycle.com.hk/
- agent of HJC, Sidi, and others

(could not remember the name,
just couple shops besides Sanwa)
G/F., 3 Junction Road, Kowloon City, Kowloon
- agent of Arai, AlpineStar, and others (from Japan)

Grand International Trading co. Ltd.
G/F., 34 Flower Market Road, Mongkok, Kowloon
(852)2380-1843
http://home.hkstar.com/~grandltd/home.htm
- agent of Shoei, Spidi (not much in stock), AXO (nice MC boots)

Good luck,
BIB
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I m from HK!!

I m from HK, I will be back during summer as well, I m a local Hongkongese, are you looking for a tour guide?:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: I m from HK!!

sprv2 said:
I m from HK, I will be back during summer as well, I m a local Hongkongese, are you looking for a tour guide?:)
haha, cool
but no thx, i'm a "honger" as well, i know my way around there:)
do u know will my class6 license be valid in hk?
i only know my class5 will work as international driving license
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top