BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was originally going to Laguna for the WSB races but after seeing the opening round on the tube, it's obvious it's going to be a Ducati runaway this year. The Japanese seem to have focused on GP, so I don't think it's worth it to pay the $$$ in American to watch a non race.

Thinking about doing Sears Point for the AMA race in the early summer. Over $50 million spent in track improvements. The Calgary round of the Can. Superbike series is a possibility too.

I went to a rally last year in eastern Wa., held by the Washington arm of the BMW club. Very little snobbery, fast and safe riders, great roads and a first class organized rally. Probably do that again this year.

Will definitely do some dual sport riding and rallys too.
I also want to do more riding on Vancouver Island. A friend has some routes mapped out. She hooked up with a couple of locals and they used all 2 lane twisty backroads to go nort-south on the island. There's lots of roads there that I haven't been on. Tofino is an idea too, if the weather is ok. Nothing more boring than riding up to Tofino and having it rain for 3 days straight.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a good time! Don't know if I can do the whole thing though. I owe the tax man this year and the deadline is April 30th, so there'll be a big hole where my bank account once resided.:1up :2up Could probably go for a couple of days. I've got a hostel web site url here someplace. It saves packing a tent as there's hostels in every major city and some of them are quite good.

There's also a place 30 miles east of Portland that has it's own brewery, winery, theatre and scotch tasting room. The cool thing about it is that you can get dorm style accomodation for $20 US/night and there's a great twisty road just outside the place:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts