BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard of people getting VI on cars but what about motorcycle?

If you ride though a roadblock with these heavily customized motorcycle/scooter, will you get a VI?
Technically I guess they could? I'm just asking because I don't think I have ever heard of bikers getting a VI.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
VI Visually Impaired ? is it so fucking hard to tap those extra keys and actually write what you asking at least once ? And no , IHNIWTFVI is ? Vancouver Island ?

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
I'm guessing the OP means Vehicle Inspection. Yep, happen all the time with exceedingly loud motorcycles, incorrectly mounted license plates or mods that are just red flags.

·
Super Moderator
9,052 Posts
And here I was thinking he was asking about using a Valentine 1 radar detector on a bike. lol.

VI's? Yeah, happen all the time to dumb asses who make pointless aesthetic mods to their bike

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
VI Visually Impaired ? is it so fucking hard to tap those extra keys and actually write what you asking at least once ?
my thoughts exactly!

buy yes I would imagine anywhere else other than BC there must be bikers who get 'visual inspections'

I say outside of BC as we all know modding is illegal on BCSB :spinsmile

·
Registered
8,222 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
yes it happens
AND never quickly goto to work do the PVI sheets and bring them back to the cop before he finishes his little communist road block.....that kinda thing just pisses them off more.......no where does it say they had to be actual Yamaha DOT reflectors HAHHAHAHA

·
Registered
368 Posts
its generally true..

especially when you get a vi and you're left with mechanics that come up with stupid ideas such as you cant run a radial master with axial calipers, or a licence plate is too wobbly.. just to fail your modified bike in fear of loosing their licences.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
VI's from the fashion police are the worst. They say nice stuff to you but later on you find out they were being super sarcastic about your bike.

Good rule to live by is that if you meet a cop, or a mechanic who's an asshole then you just met an asshole. But if everyone you meet is a asshole; you're the asshole.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
its generally true..

especially when you get a vi and you're left with mechanics that come up with stupid ideas such as you cant run a radial master with axial calipers, or a licence plate is too wobbly.. just to fail your modified bike in fear of loosing their licences.
I've only worked with several hundred, so I can't speak for all. But my findings have been similar to that of CDG's ....... pointless esthetic mods like license plates in ridiculous places, straight pipes, lights that serve no purpose, tires with no tread left, rolling junk piles ..... those attract negative attention. *

The other items seem to be an issue between you and your mechanic. I would really like to know what the permissible amount of wobble is allowed on a license plate though. *

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've only worked with several hundred, so I can't speak for all. But my findings have been similar to that of CDG's ....... pointless esthetic mods like license plates in ridiculous places, straight pipes, lights that serve no purpose, tires with no tread left, rolling junk piles ..... those attract negative attention. *

The other items seem to be an issue between you and your mechanic. I would really like to know what the permissible amount of wobble is allowed on a license plate though. *
it wasn't my mechanic, not that i have one.. it was the retard at daytona doing the inspection that came up with those rules... among other things.. none of which was in my cvsa book... still stung me for the 100 bucks..

even then.. bike still gets too much attention.. especially from bike cops, I don't understand.

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
it wasn't my mechanic, not that i have one.. it was the retard at daytona doing the inspection that came up with those rules... among other things.. none of which was in my cvsa book... still stung me for the 100 bucks..

even then.. bike still gets too much attention.. especially from bike cops, I don't understand.
Attention.

But that's the whole point isn't it?? why else would somebody fuck up the original look of a bike?

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts

We gotta see a picture of this bike.

·
Registered
904 Posts
its generally true..

For future reference :D make the mechanic show the exact regulation that is the reason for the failure and ask him to write on the work order why he thinks your vehicle is in contravention of that exact regulation ...... usually if he actually reads the regulations he will change his mind and if he is that scared of having his inspection cert or facility cert pulled then just find another mechanic.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Attention.

But that's the whole point isn't it?? why else would somebody fuck up the original look of a bike?
attention? no.. personal taste? usually. define fucking up? you can look at every bike and say hmm i can't make this more to my liking.. fuck must be nice to be pleased so easy.

We gotta see a picture of this bike.
do we?... i don't think so.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts