BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone here has a sled? up here you need one for something to do during the long winter months! i have an arctic cat powder extreme 600.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heh, well i guess it could. i hear theres quite a few guys who ride their dirt bikes up here in the winter. they put these huge carbide spikes in their tires and head out on the snowmobile trails. :cool

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:
does my gixxer count?? it's seen snow on more than one occasion :D
And apparently the side fairings make a great tobbogan :D

·
Registered
842 Posts
I grew up around sleds. My best friend's father owned a shop that sold Polaris sleds. Being down on the coast I don't really need one but I still WANT one. Planning to buy either some property or a small house in the Princeton area in the next few years. A sled will be mandatory.

I can't believe how much sleds have progressed in the last few years. Yamaha, coming out with the R1 motor in one:eek

The 2 strokes, 3 cylinders putting out more than a 100 hp:eek

One of those engines would be a strong candidate for a race bike or a home built rocket!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah they sure have come along way alright. i mean even my sled is considered old now and its a 97. ive been checking out the new yamaha with the r1 engine in it, looks pretty cool, as long as they can keep the weight down.

actually just got back from going out today. very nice, not a cloud in the sky and about 3 ft of powder!

by the time you get that place in princeton who knows what theyll have out by then. interesting to see tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts