BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Get outta the fast lane!!
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering for all you SV1000 owners what kind of pipes you have on your bike?

Impressions, sound and performance compared to stock pipes, post your pics, etc.

I'll be looking at pipes to replace my road-rashed ones next year.

Any suggestions appreciated. :rockon

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
I'm thinking of the yosh 3/4 system with the single can. I'd love to put a system on my '06 but right now i'm not sure there's enough funds.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
here's a nice 1000. N2UF, & Choosenone from SV1000Portal

·
track hack
2,023 Posts
here's a nice 1000. N2UF from SV1000Portal
M4's sound good.

I started with stainless Yoshi RS3 ovals - pretty good but not anything special - kinda heavy too.

I replaced those with Carbon Fiber Leo Vince's and they were awesome - much lower rumble, less "tinny" than the Yoshi's, plus they come with the silencer that you can keep in or remove for a louder sound. I'd highly recommend them.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
another nice one.

·
Black on black crime
873 Posts
We had a used 03 1000 with twin Yoshis on it, and holy CRAP did that thing sound awesome! Talk about bark AND bite!

·
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
We had a used 03 1000 with twin Yoshis on it, and holy CRAP did that thing sound awesome! Talk about bark AND bite!
Did you remember what model Yoshi's were on it? TRS, RS3, etc.

I heard the carbon cans burn up pretty quick on twins due to the big exhaust pulses. A lot of folks recommend titanium cans for them. I'm probably going to disect and gut the OE cans for a month or two before I get replacements. Seen some good how-to's on it

·
Registered
437 Posts
a buddy of mine has an '05 with dual yosh RS3 slipons. sounds/looks awesome. more bark than my 650 yosh full system for sure.
Q?- do carbon cans break down after some time from the heat?

·
Black on black crime
873 Posts
I do believe they were the RS3's. We have an older sv650 in the shop with a dual D&D setup on it. sounds pretty awesome. also has gixxer wheels and brakes!

·
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for all the nice SV pics above.

I'm probably just going to go with bolt-ons instead of hi-mounts. Need to keep my rear pegs for the wife ya know. :)

Who makes those n-force or h-force cans in the pics above? Can't seem to find anything in google under that name. Got a linky?

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
the black can high mounts are Dale walker holeshots. the silver set of almost high mounts are from Tiforce. If you shop around you can get a set of high mounts and still keep the rear pegs I know I've seen a bunch in my travels.
First I liked the holeshots, but those tiforces are sweet. then I saw the tiforce price....:eek

tiforce:http://www.tiforce.com/top_page.html

·
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I ended up winning* some Yoshimura RS-3 race baffle cans for the SV. See what they sound like when I get the bike. ...still waiting for icbc delay paperwork.

*edit: ebay paid $316 & $25 s&h. New cheapest was about $520 + s&h for stainless identical ones.

·
Got Hammer?
5,552 Posts
TLR1000 so it's close enough. The full M4 system sounded phenominal. They were a deeper sound but not obnoxious. Performance wise I think the headers helped a little and the weight reduction over stock was appreciable as well.

·
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On my project SV1000 the bike took a hit on the right side bending the exhaust over and also bending the subframe as well as the passenger foot peg/muffler bracket.

Just wondering if any of you with an SV1000 with stock pipes or aftermarket pipes in same position as stock could give me a measurement of how far the distance is between the rear rim and the inside edge of the canisters on either side?

Reason I ask is I have to heat my exhaust pipes up under the bike and bend them back to OE position before bolting on my Yoshi's. Will use the OE cans as levers to bend the sh*t.

Much appreciated.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
I might get a chance tomorrow after work.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
it's 6 inches from the edge of the tire to the bottom/center rivet. As well it's 18.5/22 inches from ground to edge of can. (on side stand)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had a full Jardine on my 650 and it sounded deep.
I have the same setup on my RC in carbon fibre and have not had any problems with any breakdown or wear on the cans. Great system, the wife knows when I am close to home! Hope you work everything out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts