BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back they refused to organize with the motorcyclists (BCCOM?). At the bicyclist's annual general meeting a bunch of BCCOM (I assume) folks showed up. the thing was that the BCCOM people had paid their dues and joined the bicyclists.

When it became obvious that the bicyclists' group could have a bunch of mototrcyclists on the board, they quickly adjourned the meeting.

This happend last year, I think, so some of the details I've typed could be in error.

Just wondered what eventually happened? I've heard that the lady who was the head of the bicyclist group is a real ..............let's just say .........????

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Dirtybill said:
A while back they refused to organize with the motorcyclists (BCCOM?). At the bicyclist's annual general meeting a bunch of BCCOM (I assume) folks showed up. the thing was that the BCCOM people had paid their dues and joined the bicyclists.

When it became obvious that the bicyclists' group could have a bunch of mototrcyclists on the board, they quickly adjourned the meeting.

This happend last year, I think, so some of the details I've typed could be in error.

Just wondered what eventually happened? I've heard that the lady who was the head of the bicyclist group is a real ..............let's just say .........????
I think we are still fighting with them, They are called B E S T, for Better Environmentally Sound Transportation, of which a motorcycle is not considered. They violated a ton of their charter and government charter rights by adjorning that meeting and I do beleive BCCOM is still persueing them.

The thing is that they get $600 000 plus dollars a year from the feds and local government to promote alternative forms of transportation, but they won't acknowledge a motorcyle as being any better than a car.

Wouldn't it be nice to have dedicated motorcycle lanes and parking like the bicyclist get?? and remember if anyone ask you ride a bicycle with a motor.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm assuming BEST has some political connections then? I know a lot of BC hates Glen Clark, but at least he rode a motorcyle.........er.....I mean a bicycle with a motor.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts