BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
VANCOUVERCHICKENMAN.COM
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just rented a 900 sq. ft 2 bedroom apartment in Downtown Vancouver and don't like the current color.
We are looking for beer + pizza painters or just plain old cheap painters.
We will supply the paint and we can supply the tools if they don't have their own.
No learners please.
We move in on Monday and are looking to have it painted over this coming weekend.
Let me know if anyone is interested or if you can recommend anyone.

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
We just rented a 900 sq. ft 2 bedroom apartment in Downtown Vancouver and don't like the current color.
We are looking for beer + pizza painters or just plain old cheap painters.
We will supply the paint and we can supply the tools if they don't have their own.
No learners please.
We move in on Monday and are looking to have it painted over this coming weekend.
Let me know if anyone is interested or if you can recommend anyone.
You want someone to paint your apartment, who may or may not have their own tools, but is experienced, with a day's notice and you want to pay them in beer & pizza? Just want to make sure I got that right.

Good luck bud, but any painter that knows one end of the brush from the other would charge at least a grand for that job, and that's a budget cash job for a guy with spare time. Since it's a rental my advice is to roll up your own sleeves, call some friends and tell them to go to town on your place and invest in some methyl hydrate for the inevitable spills that will happen.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
J_Scott, wise advise with minimul flames. How much beer and pizza can one drink and eat over one weekend?

·
Registered
18,874 Posts
You supply the paint and equipment, including drop sheets and mask... I'll need access at 7am Saturday, it will be ready Monday for move in.

My rate is $1 a square foot, less BCSB discount of 5%, $855 cash. No beer or pizza thanks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
You supply the paint and equipment, including drop sheets and mask... I'll need access at 7am Saturday, it will be ready Monday for move in.

My rate is $1 a square foot, less BCSB discount of 5%, $855 cash. No beer or pizza thanks.
I'll do it for 749.00 but have my own mask.
+12 Stellas & 2 large Hawaiians.
This is going to be some serious orgy...

·
GoPro Inspector
4,422 Posts
I would do it for you but there's too many variables. Cheap paint equals extra coats...does it need touchups or primer? Are there several wi ndows or will there be a lot of taping off or cutting in? Maybe you should post a few pictures.

·
Registered
18,874 Posts
I would do it for you but there's too many variables. Cheap paint equals extra coats...does it need touchups or primer? Are there several wi ndows or will there be a lot of taping off or cutting in? Maybe you should post a few pictures.
I calculated that into my quote. if it looks like too much work for my quoted price, I'll subcontract the work out to some hobo's on craiglist and just oversee the job as general contractor.

How far is this place from the No 5. Orange anyway??

·
VANCOUVERCHICKENMAN.COM
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey everyone - I don't any pictures yes but you're more than welcome to stop by tonight and quote us anytime between 5:30pm and 9:30pm.
We have a few guys/gals off craigslist coming by tonight for quotes as well - They've given us phone quotes from $400-$1500 (quite the range) - so we've invited a few of the lower quoted ones over for a more accurate quote.
We would roll up our sleeves and do it ourselves but most of our time this weekend is going to be packing up the old apartment, cleaning, etc...
Foxgurl - The place is freshly painted - just ugly. It's a tan color for the walls and a poo brown for the base boards. As long as we use the same type of paint the walls won't need to be primed. The color is light enough that we should be able to cover the walls with 1 coat of decent quality paint and 2 coats on the baseboards.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Im not much of a painter but i will come watch Foxgurl paint.. As long as there is a good chair to sit and drink the Stellas (ps hawaiian is fine too)

·
VANCOUVERCHICKENMAN.COM
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol @ Axel

Ssblade - we just don't have the time - if we are wanting to get it done before everything is moved in. It'll be too much of a hassle afterwards - unless we must then it is what it is.

·
Registered
18,874 Posts
Interesting textures can be creating by smearing paint on your body - and then pressing it up against the wall.

Maybe we should create a photo competition for this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts