BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
coco bongo
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across a 19x18 master for a pretty decent price. I know they are big into SM stuff, but don't know about their SS market. How do they compare to brembo, nissin, etc?

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Very nicely. It's the good shiz. (did I use that right?:D)

But for it to work with your bike the master cylinder piston diameter needs to be sized properley to compliment your caliper setup. If it's a master off a motard then it'll likely be too small. If it's off a bike that has double sportbike calipers with 4 or 6 pistons per caliper then fine. Or it needs to be roughly the same diameter as your stock OEM master cylinder piston or only a little smaller. At these sizes a millimeter makes a BIG difference.

·
coco bongo
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is off of a race r6 with brembo calipers (think on the calipers, said aftermarket and i don't think many people have the nissins)

S

·
0 Posts
magura is for dirtbikes and cruisers. dont belong on a sportbike. grow a set and buy brembo.

S

·
0 Posts
billet for the lay-man is only compensating. cast is good enough........

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Lyzic said:
It is off of a race r6 with brembo calipers (think on the calipers, said aftermarket and i don't think many people have the nissins)
Sounds like it'll be a decent matchup to a sportbike setup then. It would be nicer if you could get the Brembo calipers to go with it....

·
coco bongo
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it would be compensating, i don't have the liter and funny looking yellow rims

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Lyzic said:
it would be compensating, i don't have the liter and funny looking yellow rims
HEY! ! ! ! I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK! ! ! !

... well, it's a half liter with one Brembo so that sort of adds up.... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts