BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for the trance-like theme music for world rally championship. need it for a flash project. anyone know what it is?

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Anyone that has the PC version should be able to rip the audio tracks. Try kazaa and stuff like that....you'd be amazed at how many people share their whole HD when configuring the program. You never know, you may get lucky...

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Both of us are serious "go and look with google" types. We chastise people on the net constantly for asking dumb questions without thinking where to look. We've exhausted all avenues except begging to borrow a tape from someone who taped it off 55.

This theme song is not from any game CD. It is the one from the TV intro. It is not available on Grokster, Kazaa, Bearshare etc. No one has made it yet. Doug wants it bad but didn't tape the song off 55 in time. Just wondering if anyone had made/found one or even knew the full length version's whereabouts....

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Wait until the TV show ends and get the name of the production company. There will probably be a website, and you can e-mail them and I'm sure they'll be glad to tell you the title and artist. It sounds a bit like "Funky Shit" by Prodigy, at least that's where the predominate sample comes from. Maybe it's an Aphex Twin or Chemical Bros re-mix of that song.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Atom, you ever heard the tunes from the Sega Rally CD. Kicks ass. I'm gonna rip some of it tomight and se eif Doug likes it. Anyone here ever play the original Sega Rally arcade game? Dayum I loved that game. Cant wait until I can afford one from www.flippers.com or what have you. Even Sega Rally 2 with the handbrake is kick ass...

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
EASports produced Porsche Unleashed...that had some sick tunes too:) . Too bad i lost the game...

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I've e-mailed the guy in charge of motorsports at Channel 4 UK. They produce the WRC TV show, so maybe he'll be able to get the answer for you.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
obviously i want the wrc stuff, but if there is something close i'll use it. just has to fit in with the idea i have in my head. there is a small section of the theme that has the electronic "zipping" sound that reminds me of a revving engine. that ties in perfectly to what i have in mind.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
doug said:
there is a small section of the theme that has the electronic "zipping" sound that reminds me of a revving engine. that ties in perfectly to what i have in mind.
Then try that Prodigy song because that's where the sample came from.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
doug said:
obviously i want the wrc stuff, but if there is something close i'll use it. just has to fit in with the idea i have in my head. there is a small section of the theme that has the electronic "zipping" sound that reminds me of a revving engine. that ties in perfectly to what i have in mind.
Zipping like a pocketbike? :p

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nope. thats not it. funky shit is too funky and raw. the song is very trance-like

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
adamantium said:

Zipping like a pocketbike? :p
close to it. i just have a picture in my mind of how i want the stills and the video to interact with the music. that part of the song fits a cool idea i have for a rotating image.

now if only we got some of the crashes on tape. i'd have everything i need. and NO we are not going to go crash intentionally now!

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Funny thing, on my last trip back east I was talking with a guy that's good bud's with the fellow that put that clip together...

And that is one super cool set of clips and the music is just the right touch to set it off.

If anyone here hasn't DL'd it and seen it you're missin' some good stuff....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, i raced home for the 2:30 airing of wrc extra, so we'll see how much of it i actually got recorded. hopefully its enough for me to use the parts i want.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, i found a small bit of it on grokster! if anyone wants to snag it so they can hear it and maybe id the song i can make it available on pocketbikes.ca

1 - 20 of 20 Posts