BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen this advertised a few places, and even know where I can find it on the 'net, but i've never seen it sold locally... Mind you I haven't been looking *really* hard, just trying to remember to keep my eyes open when I go into places like Home Depot, KMS Tools, etc. Here's the McMaster page for it.

The tape in question is either silicone- or EPR-based (Ethylene-Propylene-Rubber), and has no adhesive. But the tape sticks to itself, and forms a permanent, non-removable joint (with itself) within a few seconds. You can use it like electrical tape, but it will never slowly creep over time and leave you with sticky residue all over the place. Good for covering electrical joints that will be left out in the weather, oh, say, like those on a motorcycle. Or joints on air hoses. Or battery terminals.

Has anyone seen any or know where it can be bought easily?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think your looking for Vulcanizing(sp) Tape, used commonly in the electric trade
so you could probably pick it up at kms tools, Ecol, or any other electical supplier, probably even home depot.

gl

D

·
0 Posts
a good alternative to this is liquid tape, which is brushed onto the area and dries. same insulative properties when dry.

princess auto is selling it by the truckload for $4 a can.

·
independent Amsoil dealer
2,295 Posts
Try Wm.P. Somerville. 604-298-3622. they have this stuff called Tacky Tape. It might be the stuff your looking for. They are located a couple blocks up from Highway Choppers on Douglas. Ask for Clay, Troy or Duane

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions, i'll take a closer look at Home Depot and Rat Hut (now The Source, I guess) next time i'm in. If they don't work out i'll try some of the other places.

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
It is made by 3M....part no.06147........electrical moisture sealant tape...(mastic with vinyl backing)..in a red box

1 - 6 of 6 Posts