BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
amnyone have one of these ramps from crappy tire? any good? thinkin of gettin one for my truck to haul the Dirtbikes. they say up to 1000 pounds so I wonder If its good for sportbikes to

·
Registered
344 Posts
I looked at them once for the dirt bikes, but they weren't long enough to make it an easy push into my friend's big ol Chevy.

For way less $$ you can go to Homeless Depot and grab a couple 2x8s and they'll even cut them to size.

I once saw a guy at Stave ride his quad right in with a couple of those though, and it looked pretty easy.

·
New chain...Soo smooth...
930 Posts
Hmmm.. They look kinda light-duty... I guess if you have small dirtbikes you should be ok, though a bigger dirtbike (250cc+) is at least a couple of hundred pounds, and might max-out that ramp. Some guys I've seen fab-up aluminum ones, or you can get an alum. folding one from dealers for about $150. Wood is also a decent cheap, easy alternative.

My 2 cents.

·
Gear whore
2,922 Posts
I think that's supposed to say 1000lbs, and it will be fine for a sportbike.

OR you and someone can split this one.. it comes in 2's. It's on sale now and at $130+taxes / 2 = $74.10 for a wicked ramp.

I got one of the 2 from neo and it is an awesome ramp, used it a bunch of times. Assembly not included :).

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER<>folder_id=1408474396670479&PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524443119135&ASSORTMENT<>ast_id=1408474396670271&bmUID=1143691302536&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true

G

·
0 Posts
Picked-up a folding ramp at Costco in Langley for $54.00. Made in the USA. Folds into a small length of approximately 4' and comes with removable chains that clip on to a truck bed or trailer. Good for 800 lbs. Works great for loading and unloading a couple for KTM 450's

·
Registered
819 Posts
I use a similar ramp only it's a one piece non-folding design and has a bit of an arc to it to prevent low ground clearance bikes from grounding out.

They're plenty strong. I'm sure that one will work fine. Have a good look at the hinges though. If it's gonna come apart then that's where it'll happen.

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the advice....I will keep lookin around. the purpose is to haul around my KLX 250, and my wifes DRZ 125. I also figured if they can hold it then I could also use it to haul around my sportbikes to.

·
Addicted to speed
237 Posts
Rooster said:
I use a similar ramp only it's a one piece non-folding design and has a bit of an arc to it to prevent low ground clearance bikes from grounding out.
That was the problem I had with the ramp in question. I was loading a GSXR into my buddy's truck and had to lift the rear end while he pushed to stop it from grounding out. Dirt bikes wouldnt be a problem obviously, sportbikes either really but it's a 2 man job. As for the weight they'll hold up.

·
Get outta the fast lane!!
1,335 Posts
I just bought a couple of 8ft 2x10's from Homeless Depot, a couple of aluminum transition pieces for ramps from www.princessauto.com across from the BIG Ikea on the #1. 2x10's are a little soft for maybe a big sport bike and I'd always want to get a buddy to help. It's also a huge advantage to have two ramps, one for the bike and one for you to walk on unless your buddy is steadying the bike as you hop onto the tailgate. Wouldn't want to drop a pricey sportbike by accident.

·
Registered
39 Posts
my buddie uses used one to get his 600 into the back of his truck, dont no how well it would do with his new 1000:p but its pretty good, or they have them at princes auto

·
Registered
121 Posts
get a moving ramp it folds in to 4 there nice and wide and there covered in grip tape i got my 600 out of the back of my truck with it no problem where to get one i dont know but if you find one deffinatley worth it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts