BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tired looking at River Rocks website but there is nothing listed there. I'd like to find some games but it seems like no one I know plays. Anyone?

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know when they games? Or more details? buy in? etc etc.?

·
... as in "off my bike?"
397 Posts
I don't play but have a few friends who play at River Rock. They have a big poker room. Lots of different Hold 'Em tables. All different limits & buy-ins. Just go up there, any time of day, and if there is no room at the table you want, get on the waiting list.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks, so they have it open throughout the day huh? Thanks for the info but I was hoping to find something more specific.... hopefully someone knows.

·
Registered
528 Posts
PUREVIL said:
Cool thanks, so they have it open throughout the day huh? Thanks for the info but I was hoping to find something more specific.... hopefully someone knows.

i used to go there but now i go to coquitlam(sp). have u ever been there before, river rock? they have the poker room upstairs. 20 or 25 tables biggest poker room in canada i think. they have daily tournaments too, not sure now because havent been there lately. i played their big tournament last year and got lololol dont laugh now 260 out of 400. first tournament, was really nervous but being there was totally cool.

·
New chain...Soo smooth...
930 Posts
We should put together a BCSB 'Poker Night'....

Anyone out there got a house/garage/barn big enough for a buncha crazies to get together and swap poker lies?

·
2,217 Posts
I've played in a couple tournaments at the riverrock. The early bird is mon, tue, thu, fri, at 10 am. buy in is $23 for 1500 in chips, plus give the dealer $5 for 500 more. max players is 60, so get there early to ensure you get in.....7:45 at the latest.....maybe earlier. We usually go for breakfast to kill the time before the 10am start. fun stuff. Got 12th the 1st time I played then like 30th the 2nd time.....played too aggressive.

We play at the house practically every other Saturday, nothing big, but still fun.

·
Passer of Harps
3,724 Posts
I play house games all the time, let me know if you want in some time J.

BCSB poker tournament is a great idea. Now all we need is someone who isn't too lazy to organize it....i'm out.

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
I play with some friends once every couple of months. Just for fun.

Does anyone play online? I have played on Yahoo Games a few times. I just don't find it very enjoyable over the computer.

·
Permanently Out to Lunch
346 Posts
I've played up at River Rock. Pure it depends on what you're looking for as far as the holdem goes. They have tournaments and they have cash games too ($1-$2 tables and high limit.) Best bet is to go up there and grab one of their schedules and then talk to the floor guy. He'll give you the heads up.

By the by, best I've placed in one of the tournaments was about 6th. I say about because the final 6 of us chopped the pot. Took home $290 that day. Man that was fun.

·
Permanently Out to Lunch
346 Posts
se7en said:
i used to go there but now i go to coquitlam(sp). have u ever been there before, river rock? they have the poker room upstairs. 20 or 25 tables biggest poker room in canada i think. they have daily tournaments too, not sure now because havent been there lately. i played their big tournament last year and got lololol dont laugh now 260 out of 400. first tournament, was really nervous but being there was totally cool.
se7en, how is coquitlam compared to Riverrock?

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
I hold a Texas Holdem Poker night at the end of each month. I get anywhere from 6~14 people attending. I dont mind opening up this night to everyone on BCSB. I just don't want any sharks attending. We are just a group of people playing cards and having a some laughs. Here are the details on it. I just held one anlready so the next one will be in February.

Any invitations put out here I will be sure to attend!

Hello all,

This game is open to everyone. If you have a buddy that would like to join in, feel free to bring them along. Just let me know. For the courtesy of others, make sure they know all the rules of the game and have a basic understanding of Texas Hold'em. This makes for smoother play. This game is not just for the guys, girls are welcome too! If you would like to come RSVP me an email detailing who is coming.

Here are the Details

$20 initial buy in ($5000 in chips). The blinds at start at $50/$100. The blinds will move up slowly and if you do run out of chips, you can buy back for $10 ($2500 in chips) or $20($5000 in chips). The buy backs are cut off at 1030pm. After 1100pm the blinds go up faster. Depending on how many people we have, two tables might be necessary.

3rd place gets $20, 2nd place gets $40, and 1st place gets the rest. If we have more than 10 people there may be a 4th and 5th place prize.

The first hand will be dealt at 730pm sharp. No waiting around.

When arriving at my place just knock on the window to the right of the front door. That is the amenities rooms and that is where we will all be. If no one is in there, ring the buzzer (#217)

Here is my address for those of you that don't know.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweeeeet thanks for more info but damn 7:45 is fucking early! On NYE I was supposed to play in a tourny I got registered and everything but I dranks so damn much I couldn't make it. My friend took 52nd outta 500 one of my other friends took 13th.

I suck but I love playing.... and if the buy ins are under 50 Im usually in cuz I can lose 20 as long as I had a good time trying.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
gordopolis said:
Does anyone play online? I have played on Yahoo Games a few times. I just don't find it very enjoyable over the computer.
Not as enjoyable but you won't loose your shirt over it. :)

Playing online is not a bad idea, newbies or veterans to holdem can play, learn and not worry about loosing money. It's easy to set up a private table on Yahoo so only BCSB members could play.

Anyone interested?

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I found when your not playing for money its not as fun.... but I'd be down.

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
Sweeeeet thanks for more info but damn 7:45 is fucking early! On NYE I was supposed to play in a tourny I got registered and everything but I dranks so damn much I couldn't make it. My friend took 52nd outta 500 one of my other friends took 13th.

I suck but I love playing.... and if the buy ins are under 50 Im usually in cuz I can lose 20 as long as I had a good time trying.
Bring a few extra $20 bills. You never know if you need to buy back. Everyone usually buys back once or twice depending on how things go. This way the pot get pretty good. ($200 ~ $400)

Whats the point in having an online BCSB game? Its much more fun getting together in person. That way we know that we are real and dont exist in the fantasyland we call the internet! :p

·
Passer of Harps
3,724 Posts
poker isn't the same when there is no money involved. In the same way that it isn't the same when the stakes are too low. if a bunch of millionaires are playing a $20 buy in game, they play differently then if it were say a $100,000 buy in.

I only find poker enjoyable when the people you are playing with either don't want to lose what they put in or really want to win whatever is up for grabs. Otherwise people will chase, bluffs don't work, play becomes all around sloppy.

Real life games are the way to go. If you are unsure of the rules, play online until you get the general hang of it. Socializing is half the fun...winning is the other half ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts