BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Mag to do comparison tests of the 06 liter bikes, has anyone seen or read one?.....They dont seem to have a online version.

·
BADUNKADUNK
1,408 Posts
heisenberg9 said:
Yep. You can pick it up at most of the larger bookstores in Vancouver.
and they charge you a crazy amount for it. I picked up a copy of 2 Wheel Tuner from Chapters, they had the UK Edition next to it for like $13 or $14.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
UK rags generally have 3X the content as well. Much better than any North American magazine.

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
flowrider said:
UK rags generally have 3X the content as well. Much better than any North American magazine.
Generally speaking I would agree. Bike and T.W.O. stand out for me as editorially good UK mags.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heisenberg9 said:
Generally speaking I would agree. Bike and T.W.O. stand out for me as editorially good UK mags.
yeah, you're right, i've got the Feb issue i picked up out-of-town and the cover article was "how to Crash"..when and where this unfortunate incident might occur....very well put together and informative

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I like TWO as well. Superbike or is it Fast Bikes has naked chicks though.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
British bike magazines have always been light years ahead of American bike magazines for content, writing and sincerity of their write ups. You just don't see Motorcyclist or Cycle World saying "yeah, this bike is total shite".

And there's boobs.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
don't qoute me on this but looking at that cover, isn't that a gixxer headlight ? so guess they're saying its still the boss ?

·
Registered
763 Posts
the american mags are junk compared to the english mags. i like performance bikes and fast bikes. so much better. plus the journo/riders are really incredible riders.

·
Wait for me, I'm SLOW
1,224 Posts
nightstalker said:
don't qoute me on this but looking at that cover, isn't that a gixxer headlight ? so guess they're saying its still the boss ?
Did a quick read on this magazine at Chapters. Got interested with the 2006 Gixxer litre bike cover.

Basically what the editors did was do a comparison on the 2006 big 4 litre bikes. CBR1000, Kawasaki ZX10R, R1, GSXR 1000

They got the bikes to their test and at the end the Suzuki GSXR 1000 came out ahead of the 3.

·
Ride Solo
4,214 Posts
BIKE is a great mag, but I miss Dan Walsh's writing.

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
Suzuki Rider said:
Did a quick read on this magazine at Chapters. Got interested with the 2006 Gixxer litre bike cover.

Basically what the editors did was do a comparison on the 2006 big 4 litre bikes. CBR1000, Kawasaki ZX10R, R1, GSXR 1000

They got the bikes to their test and at the end the Suzuki GSXR 1000 came out ahead of the 3.

That's interesting. Honda has been making a lot of noise about their 06 version of the CBR 1000 claiming they have made it the bike to beat this year. Haven't heard squat about it here or in the few mags I have poked through.

Anyone been on a new CBR1000 yet and have an opinion either way?

·
Ride the winds of change
1,994 Posts
In Bike magazine the shootout. The CBR is gear 2 teeth more on the back sprocket for more grunt. The ZX10R with 8Hp more then the rest had trouble keeping the front wheel on the ground.

I had a subscription for Bike magazine and they actually charged me more then the news stand price. For the time it takes me to read three north american mags I would be still reading Bike cover to cover.

·
Sure, yep, lets ride...
478 Posts
Bike is "bloody" great. The thing I like about it, is I can go back and read it a year later and the writing is good enough that it holds me even regardless of whether the bike has been replaced by its successor or not. I think the fact that they actually wrap their reviews in a good layer of bike culture is a bit contributing factor.
Well that and they are a lot more honest than the N.A. mags. A constant source of inspiration for me :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts