BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I became one of those (motorcyclist/hells angel gang), I had this prejudicial thought that all bikers were of the hells angel sorts.

Of course those that worked at a real job and rode a motorbike, were just hell angels in diguised as an average worker and at night they would wear their leathers and use chains to beat anyone up that even looked sideways at them. :laughing

When one of my friend started to ride a motorcycle, she told us that she was hanging out with her motorcycle friends; of course images of Hell Angels gangs hanging around her house were vividly imagined and she had become one of their girls. I would nod pleasantly, thinking that if I did anything to annoy her, she would sic one of her motorcycle gang members on me.

When she told us that she spent over a $1000 on her leather jacket, we thought she had gone crazy :eek: and not only that, thousands of dollars would go into modding her bike!! :surrender

Of course when I started to learn how to ride a motorcycle, I was thinking I was only going to learn how to ride. I would never become one of those gang members :p I would never spend more then $2k on a bike, I would just ride the bike and add no mods, I would never buy a $1000 jacket, I would never ride in the rain on a motorcycle...... :laughing

anyways this is my shame that I thought of everyone here in that way and I would like to apologize.

Ralphael

p.s. when I get on the elevator at my apt, I notice that some folks would move to the corner now (especially when I wear my knitted beanie) (the chains are for my tires..... really!!) :laughing

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
Raphael, dude... are you for real?

I mean, people have said some stupid shit on here... but I think you just surpassed Coolio and his wheel weights.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I mean, people have said some stupid shit on here... but I think you just surpassed Coolio and his wheel weights.
As real as they can get... and I don't mind admitting to it.

The reason for this post was just tonight at the Butter chicken night, we were talking about all these great mods for the bike. I have recently added heated grips, scorpio alarm and much more to the bike without blinking at the cost (charge card mind you).

and it wasn't too long ago, my thoughts were different; so I shared.

edit. I should add, that not only was this my viewpoint, but many of my family members shared that view.

Ralphael

·
Registered
1 Posts
i love you

im glad your honest and i commend you for it.
keep it up u sexy motorcycle rider you.
RAWR!
btw im not gay just a little flaming

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Of course those that worked at a real job and rode a motorbike, were just hell angels in diguised as an average worker and at night they would wear their leathers and use chains to beat anyone up that even looked sideways at them. :laughing
That's not what my leather and chains are for :devillook

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

·
Obi-Wan Newbie
683 Posts
don't flame the guy for being honest!! can't we all get along???

·
100% Asshole
3,406 Posts
Is this a bike sight or Lavalife??.......If it is a dating site, I have a rather large Johnson...........outboard attached to my boat that I love to go fishing in.

·
Rhinotillexomania
336 Posts
I'd like to apologize for having a surrey girl prejudice.

Took me a long time to learn that not all surrey girls are trash.
Trash gets picked up.

·
My Twitter: SH1FTG34R
1,891 Posts
My mom always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. " So i'm not going to comment!

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
I don't get it?
My word Adam, a smattering of innocence? :evilgrin

OK guys, that's enough with the whips and chains. Let's keep this motorcycle oriented for the rest of the thread. Any more Village People crap will be nuked just because I hated that group and all their sordid attempts at music.... but don't get me started.....

And while Raph's bit about how he percieved riders in his innocent past may seem odd to us it's far more common than we think. As recently as 3 to 4 years ago one of the radio commentators was heard to say that ALL of the riders in the annual Toy Run were just Hell's Angels trying for some public acceptance. You'd think that someone in the media would know better or at least take a few moments to learn more.... Sorry, scratch that last statement. Don't know what got into me for a moment there.

·
Learning the hard way.
1,334 Posts

Whoa whoa... J_Soup, that's a bold statement. Let's not say things we can't take back now.

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
And while Raph's bit about how he percieved riders in his innocent past may seem odd to us it's far more common than we think. .
Just because it's common, doesn't mean it's not stupid.

I mean really, how can anyone (outside an 80 year old woman) think a guy on a bright blue plastic bike that sounds like a sewing machine is a Hell's Angel?

I mean, my gf's 80 something year old grandma thought I was in a biker gang, but she's 80... and my bike sounds like it's eating baby seals when I start it up... so that I can understand. lol

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
My word Adam, a smattering of innocence? :evilgrin
Yes, I know. Just because I am ridiculously good looking and was gifted with a magnetic personality, everyone thinks I am this oversexed guy that is way out of their leagues. Its hard...

I changed my tune about ralpheal when I heard was attending bcsb rides. That just isn't very troll like behavior. Ralpheal, I find carrying around candies like jolly ranchers or lifesavers always helps to ease the mind of people who think your just a bad ass power ranger. As soon as you sense fear, fork over a jolly rancher. Instant friends.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just because it's common, doesn't mean it's not stupid.

I mean really, how can anyone (outside an 80 year old woman) think a guy on a bright blue plastic bike that sounds like a sewing machine is a Hell's Angel?.........
I totally agree that it is stupid and I am aghast that I even thought that way :surrender but just because it's stupid doesn't mean it's not common :laughing

That bright blue plastic bike that sounds like a sewing machine is the latest junior Hell's Angels entry bike; probably no chains, just the shackles :laughing

Now there are exception to this ******* thinking; Dirtbike, mopeds and vespers are definitely not in the Hell's Angel club. :laughing

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
. Ralpheal, I find carrying around candies like jolly ranchers or lifesavers always helps to ease the mind of people who think your just a bad ass power ranger. As soon as you sense fear, fork over a jolly rancher. Instant friends.

Best of luck!
Funny, because if you do that while wearing a trenchcoat out of the back of a white cube van at a playground... people go back on assuming things.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts