BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like to throw out this question out there to all owners or past owners of Arai and Shoei: Which helmet do you prefer?

G

·
i tried on all sorts of helmets. My shoei is insanely comfortable and doesn't bother me at all. Look into them!!

also, how is it pronounced? do u guys say "SHOE-EE" or "SHOW EE"???

·
Registered
489 Posts
Both excellent helmets. Both cater to different shaped heads. I've tried on Arai helmets before but they're a little uncomfortable for my head. Shoei on the other hand fits me really well.

Your best bet is to spend an afternoon and try on as many helmets as you can. You might even be surprised that a lower cost helmet may fit you even better than either of these helmet brands (doubtful, but it could happen).

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
It's all about which one fits you the best. I can't find an arai for my melon. Shoei's fit like a glove.

·
What's the speed of dark?
163 Posts
Arai fits my pin, and I really like the comfort.
My wife's Shoei is way quieter though, but doesn't fit my noodle and I hate ratcheting face shields...
May be hope for me with the new X-11, as it apparently fits like an Arai... but damn they're expensive, even compared to the Arai's.

·
Vindicated
3,419 Posts
As they said, go with what fits better. They both have multiple lines and they're both good quality manufacturers.

I have the Shoei X-11 but I found it fit me better than Arai (I found all Shoei lids fit me better than Arai).

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Arai Quantum2 fits me perfectly. I've tried the Rx7 Corsair and was willing to pay more but in the end it just didn't fit right. I've had an X11 and it was okay but the liner didn't feel as nice as the Arai. And as Gern said, I don't care for the ratcheting face shield.

·
100% Asshole
3,406 Posts
Regardless of price, the Arai fits me best for 10 hour ride days, don't go by price go by fit and if the lid is expensive you have to ask yourself " How much is my head worth?? " Mines worth lots to me.........

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have had both and prefer the Shoei. For me I found I had better vision with the Shoei, and not that cost is a big factor as I own an X-11 but the visors are cheaper and you have more choices.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts