Votes: 34 73.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Track Day Wh0re
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you a poseur if your FAST?
(im not referring to myself as im not fast)

Track Poseur = full factory race paint scheme w/matching leathers, helmet and #1 plate. etc etc.

Street Poseurs are a different story...

·
Registered
872 Posts
I say no.. flashy gear/paint doesnt make you a poser...

Taking a bench grinder to your knee pucks makes you a poser.

Buying a bike to hang out at robson and look cool makes you a poser.

Having some fashionable taste while ripping it up on the track doesnt make you a poser. Its all where your heart is at.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Does THIS look like a poseur's bike????

It was merest luck that the leathers I got are black, white and red.......At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it......... :D

·
'04 R1 - You are mine!
1,697 Posts
jonathan said:

You see...that's why I don't own leather suit with knee pucks...too much preasure...lol.

T

·
0 Posts
what the hell is a track poser? Is Ben Bostrom one? If you have to ask, you know you are one.

Is like: if you are not sure if you are gay, you probably are...

tc

·
Track Day Wh0re
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree 100% man.
It's all your state of mind... :thumbup

Even if poseurs have the full gear, have big chicken strips etc. They could well be enjoying for the love of the sport. And there a hell of alot safer than guys riding with shorts, sandals etc.

jonathan said:
I say no.. flashy gear/paint doesnt make you a poser...

Buying a bike to hang out at robson and look cool makes you a poser.

Having some fashionable taste while ripping it up on the track doesnt make you a poser. Its all where your heart is at.

B

·
0 Posts
Riding is totally your own game. If you are always riding to impress anyone than yourself, you're a poseur... and you likely won't last long. Find your game, and play your game. My 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Well I guess I'm a poser, suit kinda matches the bike,boot's match the suit,but my sponsor gave me all this shit,do ya think they are trying to make me look like a poser?I'm more than 5 seconds off the lap record.........more like 6 seconds, but I'm carrying ALL the beef.

I hope my new helmut matches my boots,I hope they get it right this time.............I love free stuff !

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
EG When's our next track day together?

Your gunna knock 2 seconds off your track time just from hangin in my draft.

·
Track Day Wh0re
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
June 28/29- SPR
Yo, check your mail man. :)

Paul's best on my bike was a 1:41.xx and mine a 1:45.2. For some odd reason i was downshifting into 2nd in turn 2... losing precious time slowing down and re-acclerating again. I dont know what the hell i was thinking...? He was shifting into 4th (over the 1st crest) while i was shifting into 3rd at the same point.

Not to mention he was WOT in turn 3 and 8.

Combine all this and you raising hell down the straight. Hopefully the times should come down.

You're 1:36 is a smoking time man :thumbup
PH-Q2 said:
EG When's our next track day together?

Your gunna knock 2 seconds off your track time just from hangin in my draft.

·
BST Prospect
249 Posts
track poseurs??

what the hell is a track poser?
track poseurs = old farts like Takie who race because they think they are still young..... hahahaha

right , "LO YEH"????

and what's wrong with race replica paint scheme?? it's not like i ride down robson and park at starbucks and call that a day of riding......at night!!!!... hehehehe

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Re: track poseurs??

Racer-Sherm said:

track poseurs = old farts like Takie who race because they think they are still young..... hahahaha

right , "LO YEH"????

and what's wrong with race replica paint scheme?? it's not like i ride down robson and park at starbucks and call that a day of riding......at night!!!!... hehehehe
Why do I get the impression it isn't going to be a good idea to stand too close to ya for the next little while......... Oh yeah, the lightning that's gonna crisp your head......... :laughing

J

·
0 Posts
Are you a poser hmm I donno when I was young I had the same snowboard/jacket/pants as my fav pro rider and now that I look back at it I think it was silly being a clone. I still look to him for inspiration but I have my own style I rock out now. So I guess its like do you want to be known as "that EG Hybrid guy who rides really fast" or that look alike... But what do I know Im new here hah.:) :(

T

·
0 Posts
You little sh!t, just be careful next time you go out to the track. The old fart might take off one side of your new "Castrol" paint job for breakfast!:evilgrin :roflmao

·
BST Prospect
249 Posts
You little sh!t, just be careful next time you go out to the track. The old fart might take off one side of your new "Castrol" paint job for breakfast!
well..... usually you crash first.... hehehe.... like lap 3 or 4??..... so i'll have little to worry about....... hee hee.... i'm gonna cement by body work on now.....

T

·
0 Posts
NO! It's more like the 1st lap! You better watch out, last Sunday when i crash, i took out another 4 or 5 bikes with me and a red-flag for 45mins to clean up the aftermath...:evil

·
Whach u talkn bout Willis
1,646 Posts
This thread is great, I have a used leather suit with pucks and they have been worked in a little but I never thought about it till someone asked "shit did you work thoose down on the streets"

1 - 20 of 49 Posts