BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
The commuters I see on Kingsway every morning have to average 80+ kph. Its a matter of time b4 some conehead shuts down the entire road again for the morning commute.

Just in general, while walking to and from BCIT every morning, the number of people I hear flooring their vehicles is startling, and this is not even up hill.

Is there no other way to drive?

·
More filling!
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
REVELATIONS said:
The commuters I see on Kingsway every morning have to average 80+ kph. Its a matter of time b4 some conehead shuts down the entire road again for the morning commute.

Just in general, while walking to and from BCIT every morning, the number of people I hear flooring their vehicles is startling, and this is not even up hill.

Is there no other way to drive?
I couldn't agree more! Maybe I'm getting old, but I find that on a nice wide open highway I may be one of the faster vehicles around, but as soon as it gets crowded or complicated (intersections) I find I'm one of the slower cars around. When *everybody* is trying to go faster than *everybody* it's just stupid....people don't think. Tailgating the guy in front of you who's tailgating the person in front of them etc. etc. will NOT get you ANYWYERE sooner (except maybe for the morgue). Come on people, you're going to WORK. What's your hurry?

I want to make a bumper stick that simply says "Shoulda left sooner, eh?"

·
More filling!
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And what's with the fools in the cars that pre-date DRLs? Hello?? Does it mean nothing to you that you're the only car on the road with dark headlights? Can you think of the liability you're exposing yourself to because you're too f*cking lazy to turn on your headlights?????

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
I dont know how, but I've seen plenty of late model vehicles on Kingsway (I live right on it) without any headlights at night.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Plenty of those in Surrey, but its mainly cause 50% of the cars are POS that dont seem to have working headlights.. :eek:

Ryan

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
Don't forget not signalling... I hate people that don't signal!

Oh and those people that don't wash their hands after they go to the bathroom..

·
More filling!
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
J_Scott said:
Don't forget not signalling... I hate people that don't signal!

Oh and those people that don't wash their hands after they go to the bathroom..
Don't you know that with every flush the air in the bathroom is filled with a fine mist of fecal matter? :surrender

However, I've also read that most colds are transferred by touch (door knobs, phones, keyboards, handshakes) so washing your hands is a good idea.....not just after using the bathroom!

·
Rhinotillexomania
336 Posts
Lots of cagers down already this year. I think its 12 so far this year as of today for the lower main land.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts