BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.muzzys.com/ZX998/index.html

Muzzys 998cc kits for the ZX-9R
The Muzzy 998 kit for the ZX-9R is a case where the result is greater than the sum of all it's parts. This kit ROCKS. Even we are amazed at the dramatic performance increase that results from the addition of these 99cc's. With stock cams, stock carbs and a Muzzy pipe this kit delivers 160 hp to the rear wheel of your ZX-9R. That's third gear power wheelie territory!

The kit features a 4mm bore increase with 13.0:1 compression forged pistons, a pre-finished nickel silicon carbide composite plated cylinder, rings, pins, circlips, head gasket, and base gasket. Installation requires no machine work or special tools.

The cylinder is offered on an exchange basis with a core charge or outright. To minimize delay, Muzzys has ready-to-run cylinders in stock. Owners of 2000 and 2001 ZX-9's may send their cylinder with the order and the kit will ship immediately after inspection of their core. Or, they may prepay the core charge of $695, and they will be credited back upon Muzzys' receipt and inspection of their cylinder.

Owners of 1998 and 1999 ZX-9's will need to purchase a kit that includes the cylinder. No core exchange is available. Some minor modification to the cylinder head is required and instructions are included.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Yeah, I knew about this but really don't figure my driver's license or I need to go there. :angel or :evilgrin , :angel or :evilgrin ,
:angel or :evilgrin , :confused

The mods I want to do on my bike are centered around smoothing the power delivery by optimising the carbs. The byproduct is that I'm gonna get about another 8 or 9 ponies at reline and 6 or 8 through the midrange where the stock system has its EPA dips. The rest of the midrange will get a little help but nothing like these numbers. That ride I took a few weeks back really showed me I'm running lean since putting on that system. So I just want what is in the engine without hiccups.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I'm happy with stock, thanks. I don't need the tweaks, quirks and possible reliability issues that come with aftermarket gubbins.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts