BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DELTA-ONE
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm ok so my daily driver cage met an unfortunate end... long story short, I've got a body with an engine that doesn't run and it's not worth replacing.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a wrecker or auto parts recycler that buys whole cars or something like that? I could scour the phone book... but first hand experience is like gold.

Any leads would be much appreciated :rockon

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Kakashi said:
Hmmm ok so my daily driver cage met an unfortunate end... long story short, I've got a body with an engine that doesn't run and it's not worth replacing.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a wrecker or auto parts recycler that buys whole cars or something like that? I could scour the phone book... but first hand experience is like gold.

Any leads would be much appreciated :rockon
they usually will take the moff your hands, but I doubt they'll pay..

On separate note, I'm guessing you're carless?
to throw a shameless plug here, my neighbour has a very-very good condition aolder, cheap car for sale if interested, send me a PM I'll give you particulars :)

I'll be throwing it on non-sportbike b/s in the next couple days.

·
A.G.A.T.T.
428 Posts
My parents recycled their car at a place down by the Patullo bridge. They were given the choice of bus passes or a discount off of a bike (pedal).

I'll check with them and see what the company name is.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
phantomgti said:
My parents recycled their car at a place down by the Patullo bridge. They were given the choice of bus passes or a discount off of a bike (pedal).

I'll check with them and see what the company name is.
YAYA Find out please!!
That is KEWL!!!!

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
Call Ralphs on Michell Island. There is also a steel recycler there that gives $50 for your car, but I can't remember the name.

D

·
0 Posts
depending on the make, there are guys in the buy n sell that will come pick it up and give you up to $300 for it.

·
DELTA-ONE
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies guys!

On another note... while browsing through Auto recyclers again on myTelus, I found something called the "Kidney Car Program". I called em up to see what it was and it turns out they will come and pick up the car for free and give you a $60 tax receipt.

I think this is possibly my (and anyone else who's in my situation) best bet. I think I'm gonna end up owing in taxes this coming tax year anyway :laughing

Oh and I'm not complete carless... I have another car but it's turbo'd, drinks 94 octane and the suspension's stiff enough to knock fillings out. I'd prefer not to drive this thing daily in my hour commute :surrender

·
DELTA-ONE
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doug said:
depending on the make, there are guys in the buy n sell that will come pick it up and give you up to $300 for it.
I doubt an 89 Ford anal Probe would be worth $300... but I'll check out the Buy and Sell.. thanks!

D

·
0 Posts
no, the Fucking Old Rebuilt Dodge probe is probably not worth $300, but if they dump it on a flat deck from your driveway and give you $50 for the battery and the tank of gas, it's one less problem you have :D

actually, there are lots of ads for ford stuff. what condition is the engine in, besides non running?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Bring your car to a high school at lunch time, bring 2 crow bars and a baseball bat and charge the kids to take a swing at it.

^___________^

·
DELTA-ONE
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
doug said:
no, the Fucking Old Rebuilt Dodge probe is probably not worth $300, but if they dump it on a flat deck from your driveway and give you $50 for the battery and the tank of gas, it's one less problem you have :D

actually, there are lots of ads for ford stuff. what condition is the engine in, besides non running?
It runs... just not well. Bottom end problems either crankshaft bearing or broken valve. Other than that, it has a a newer radiator and some other stuff... would be a shame to toss it all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts