BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
bcsportbike goon
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm just new to the biking scene, and I've just started to take my bro's '94 Suzuki RF600 out.

Anyways the first few days were okay, but the last time I took it out, after about 20 minutes of riding, whenever I came to a stop (red light) the engine would make a small backfire sound. It came and went every few seconds, then when the light went green and I started to go, it would happen all the way till I shifted into 2nd gear. After about 5 minutes of this, I pulled over and let the bike rest for about 10 minutes. I continued to ride for about 1 hour after this and it didn't happen again.

Today I took the bike out, it was fine at first, then after I got gas, it started to happen again. I let the bike sit again, then tried it again, but it still kept happening all the way home (lucky I was only 5 minutes away). Any idea why this might be happening?

I let the bike idle on the driveway, and it kept doing this. Also after I turned the bike off, there was a small clicking sound coming from the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Hmm.. usually means your not tuned correctly. What I mean by that is if it's been running for a while, like after 20 minutes.. most moisture build up (if not all) should be far gone. You may consider taking it to a shop (a small one, not a dealer, they'll likely gouge you) for a quick look over and clean.

·
bcsportbike goon
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
adamantium said:
Hmm.. usually means your not tuned correctly. What I mean by that is if it's been running for a while, like after 20 minutes.. most moisture build up (if not all) should be far gone. You may consider taking it to a shop (a small one, not a dealer, they'll likely gouge you) for a quick look over and clean.
Do you know any shops around? I was going to take it to Action and have one of the instructors there take a look at it.

H

·
0 Posts
BOMAX MOTORSPORTS, John.

He is a member(BOMAX) so PM him, best guy around.

·
Go big or go home
271 Posts
Does the bike idle rough? Poor accel? If so,two possibilities.Ign misfire,usually through air filter,bad plugs or ign wires.Or crap in carbs causing either lean or rich fuel mixture to backfire through exhaust system.Bad Shell Gas?? :( Hope this is of some help

·
bcsportbike goon
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Madkawi said:
Does the bike idle rough? Poor accel? If so,two possibilities.Ign misfire,usually through air filter,bad plugs or ign wires.Or crap in carbs causing either lean or rich fuel mixture to backfire through exhaust system.Bad Shell Gas?? :( Hope this is of some help
Its odd, because it doesn't always happen. Sometimes it is perfectly fine. The last time I rode, it the accel was off during first gear...

The bike needs to be serviced, which hopefully I'll get done tomorrow.. my buddy will be helping me out, he's had a bike for 3-4 years now...

I only fill up at PetroCan.

·
bcsportbike goon
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Madkawi said:
Thats for the help guys. It seems like it was the carbs... Bomax was there to help me out...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts