BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody takin the baffles out of there stock exhaust before? I heard it just screws up the backpressure, affects performance only a tiny tiny bit, not sure about this? do our new bikes even have baffle systems anyways??

I just want to make my bike louder hehehe :)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Save your pennies dude, buy a real exhaust. How you going to get your stock can back together again? It's riveted..

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the gixxer cans just bolt right on, it looks fairly simple to take apart.... as compared to the f4i, yammies and zx6r cans....

oh btw, did I mention I accept cash donations?? :D :D

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:
the gixxer cans just bolt right on, it looks fairly simple to take apart.... as compared to the f4i, yammies and zx6r cans....

oh btw, did I mention I accept cash donations?? :D :D
Did I mention I do? :D

I still woudln't do it.. just save your pennies and buy a used one. Or if you see a bike at a lot, and it has a pipe on it, most dealers will sell you the pipe in exchange for your stock one (Assuming it's another gsxr600 of course).

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
absolutdm said:

Did I mention I do? :D

I still woudln't do it.. just save your pennies and buy a used one. Or if you see a bike at a lot, and it has a pipe on it, most dealers will sell you the pipe in exchange for your stock one (Assuming it's another gsxr600 of course).
dealers really do that eh? I didn't know that.... hmmm....

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
The can may be held to the header with bolts but the can itself with the baffles inside is usually welded. There has been a couple of articles where the cans are cut open and the baffles modified but in general it's more trouble than it's worth. And just poking a hole down the can with a drill or rod usually makes it sound terrible.

I've heard of dealers selling the aftermarket cans off the used bikes with your stock old can being used as a trade in. Helps the guy that buys the used bike decide he needs to spend more money at that dealer getting a can for it. Cheating? You betcha :D

V

·
0 Posts
Pipe for your Gixxer

If you are thinking about getting a pipe, check out North Shore Suzuki Yamaha. They are a small dealer in North Van on Main St. and Harbour, by the 2nd Narrows. He'll probably give you the best deal around on Yosh, which is what I would go with for a Gixxer. Around 6 even for a RS-3 or 650 for a Tri-Oval.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Pipe for your Gixxer

VanCityR6 said:
If you are thinking about getting a pipe, check out North Shore Suzuki Yamaha. They are a small dealer in North Van on Main St. and Harbour, by the 2nd Narrows. He'll probably give you the best deal around on Yosh, which is what I would go with for a Gixxer. Around 6 even for a RS-3 or 650 for a Tri-Oval.
hmmm.... you think they will take my stock pipe in for a trade in? :) :D

I'm not sure what i'm gonna do yet for a exhaust, i'm gonna wait it out, save up some more coin and make a decision probably sometime this summer.

·
Registered
417 Posts
BMatthews said:
've heard of dealers selling the aftermarket cans off the used bikes with your stock old can being used as a trade in.
Bruce, happen to know of which dealer will do that ? I may want to check into that to save a couple bucks

Dan

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I don't know about you guys. Don't you know stock rules? I know that the aftermarket cans sound great and look great, but they all leave a "dead spot" in the power curve. You'll sacrifice midrange for top end, and the places that you can use top end are very few and far between. That especially goes for you guys on R1's, CBR929's and Gixxer 1000's because you'll lose your mid-range exhaust valve.

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
that's exactly what the dude at RMS told me and he said with the weight savings you'll also be more vulnerable to the wind.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Hu99, you must be smoking crack.

A pipe, while it may change a small portion of your band, it is always recommended to tune your bike at the same time be it a slip-on or a full system (esp. with a full system). Most bikes can have there power curve straightened to point of almost being a line.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I remember being a poser last summer at starbucks .. some 50 year old guy there believes the exhuast market is jacked. He said the prices they charge can make any welder a millionaire!! He had a Gixxer with his homemade exhuast. Anyways, he does have some technical knowledge about exhuast construction and backs his product up 100% ... it sounds pretty nice and had a custom tip that nobody else had. TOTAL COST FOR HIM $40?

--- It didn't look that great though =)

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
i sense a lil tension going on............. i smell trouble........:D

screw the exhaust man, im gonna take it off and ride around w/o it AND w/o any back pressure too. if a leafblower can make that much noise, can you imagine how much noise a bike would make with no exhaust?:laughing :laughing

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
bl1tz said:
i sense a lil tension going on............. i smell trouble........:D

screw the exhaust man, im gonna take it off and ride around w/o it AND w/o any back pressure too. if a leafblower can make that much noise, can you imagine how much noise a bike would make with no exhaust?:laughing :laughing
I give you 5 minutes until your valves are fried.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts