BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bar end came off WITH the screw ( # 11 and # 21) but it also snapped off part of the nut that holds the screw in. I'm thinking it's nmber 12 or number 10....

do i need to take off the entire handle bar to slide those parts out?

or shoudl i just bring it to a shop and get it done...

any suggestions?

·
modern day cafe racer
429 Posts
fuckin 600rr is prone to that. each time i've dumped my bike, the bar end has broken off the inner weight and i've had to replace it.

#12 and 14 are rubber grommets that go around #10 which is a solid weight.
#13 is a retaining clip that holds the weight inside the clip on.

to remove the weight, peel back the grip. you'll see two holes at the end of the clip-on, one on the top and one on the bottom. use something to push into those two holes which will allow you to pull out the clip #13. from there, you'll be able to pull out the weight #10 and replace it.

·
Aging Kid-at-Heart
515 Posts
MIne did that too... I managed to thread the bolt into the weight and then stuff it all the way in... left it like that for half a year... until I got around to ordering misc screws/wellnuts etc. ordered the inner weight as well... mine was clutch side so it didn't concern me as much(no moving parts)...

R

·
0 Posts
<raises hand> me 3 w/low-speed grind.

Pair of needlenose could pull it out without all that biznatch. I threaded old screw into remaining threads to get a grip... then yarded it out.
(Proper way is to follow neo's advice.) Mine was throttle side and it was simple.

It's just friction-fitted in there w/rubber grommets.
(Oh... a LITTLE dab of BLUE lock-tight on the replacement screw will keep it from backing out when the time comes.)

If anyone has found a nice replacement bar-end, let me know. PM me even.
(also if you have nice replacement for pegs...)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts