BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
didn't watch it recently, but have before.
it would be pretty cool to actually be at one of those.
some of the most desirable vehicles ever, make appearances.

·
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
1 of 2 concept cars ever produced. I agree its a cool lookin car, but I would have to have an OBSCENE amount of money to buy something like that for $2,800,000. I would buy a old corvette or 2, a few hotrods, a couple restorods, and a muscle car or 2 ( cuda, mustang ) or something.

And this just went for $4,100,000!!! A new Barrett Jackson world record price!!!

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
even with tonnes of cash, I'd probably not bother with that particular concept vehicle.

the Alfa Romeo "BAT cars" from 1953-1955 would probably get my millions.

F

·
0 Posts
that auction is for show-offs trying to impress everybody in front of the cameras,and let everyone know how much they made at the stock market that week

nothing to do with the actual market

70 convert hemi cuda went for 2mil

on the best day a mint concours will go for a mil ,,maybe a mil and a half if you waited forever for the right buyer .

bloated prices to match the guts of the participants.
if you go tthe right car you want to sell it there for sure ,you'll get 30% more than what its worth in a general market ,Go through the HEMMINGS book those prices are real .

F

·
0 Posts
yea my buddy called me and told me went for 2 mil ,,thats crazy,,maybe in another 3-5 years .

yes top mopar to have but not worth 2 mil yet .wonder what a hemi SUPERBIRD would go for there ?

bunch of doods made thier way through life ,suked it up and made ton of cash no they are in a midlife crisis and want a toy .

last year DON JHONSON brought a PHONY hemi cuda ,,it was just a converted 318 car with a 440 convert ,and a shaker hood and make believe badgs from this NASH Bridges show,,went for asinine money .worth prob 8 grand to any normal human

F

·
0 Posts
they only made like 25 hemi cudas..14 were convertables i guess

very rare elephant motord dodge ,,but not as rare a a HEMI BARRACUDA or HEMI DART ,,both factory built and extremely rare ,,a real one that hasnt been rat bagged on the drag strip would be near priceless

·
Yellow Power Ranger
3,009 Posts
borderline said:
they only made like 25 hemi cudas..14 were convertables i guess

very rare elephant motord dodge ,,but not as rare a a HEMI BARRACUDA or HEMI DART ,,both factory built and extremely rare ,,a real one that hasnt been rat bagged on the drag strip would be near priceless

No they made like 200 hemi cudas...only like 25 for converts.

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
borderline said:
bunch of doods made thier way through life ,suked it up and made ton of cash no they are in a midlife crisis and want a toy .
Did I miss something? Are they spending your money there?

If not... shut up.

If you want to hate, hate on ricers or something like that.... those guys suck.

F

·
0 Posts
J_Scott said:
Did I miss something? Are they spending your money there?

If not... shut up.

If you want to hate, hate on ricers or something like that.... those guys suck.
its not my money just my opinion ,its a forum full of em, just like assholes .

you wanna tell me to shut up cuz i give my point of view on an internet forum ,,what are you 12?

dont be mad cuz you lost on the auction for the pink MARY KAY caddlilac

plus you did miss something i said those guys suked it up through thier lives to make a ton of cash to be able to buy those toys ,they are just overpaying what the market is bearing ,,dont tell me your going through one of those fazes too ? hair hanging out of your shirt gold chains driving a corvette? that was you ? your hair piece was falling off

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
borderline said:
dont be mad cuz you lost on the auction for the pink MARY KAY caddlilac

dont tell me your going through one of those fazes too ? hair hanging out of your shirt gold chains driving a corvette? that was you ? your hair piece was falling off
I'm sorry, who's twelve? 3 petty little insults in response to my one negative comment towards you... and gay joke too, very impressive. (this is me rolling my eyes)

Why are all you guys with 2000+ posts so damn sensitive?

And please try and come up with something better next time you want to insult me. The gay joke is lost since I'm laying in bed next to a beautiful women who a lot of these board members have met, I've never worn gold chains in my life, I drive german and I'm 23 and have all my hair.

I'll give you another shot though.. fire away.

F

·
0 Posts
J_Scott said:
I The gay joke is lost since I'm laying in bed next to a beautiful women who a lot of these board members have met,
jeez dood if we were gona start some silly back and forth useless internet battle you could have done better than that one,i give up .i sincerely apologize apparently your not gay at all .:surrender

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
borderline said:
jeez dood if we were gona start some silly back and forth useless internet battle you could have done better than that one,i give up .i sincerely apologize apparently your not gay at all .:surrender
I could have done better, but I'm tired... Couldn't you have just taken my advice and hated on ricers instead of rich guys spending millions on classics? I mean, we all hate ricers don't we? Then you and I could get along and there'd be no need for clever back and forth banter between two sleep deprived alpha males on a sunday morning.

·
Why not
541 Posts
Those cars are going for way too much. The venue, the crowd, the fact that its all televised is driving people to make ridiculous decisions. The only reason they buy those cars at those prices is that they know they can go back to Barrett Jackson and sell them for similar money nezt year. I bet there is a ton of guys who make large coin buying cars at other auctions and brining there. Some of the people that spend the coin to get their toy and they want to keep it are making very poor choices and I have every right to think so and tell everyone I know.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts