BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Chronic
4,472 Posts
In my experience, there would be a high probability that the battery is toast. Even if the bike starts up with the surface charge in the battery, after 9 years the lead is going to be beat up so much that it's not even worth trying to hold on to.
Good information, thanks.
I guess I've never held onto a bike that long ;-)
I've also never replaced a battery (except for ones friends have killed) so I always think they'll last 10 years if you look after them.
Do you have any pictures of the guts of dead batteries to show us what battery death looks like?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So, even though I had kept the Yuasa battery connected to a Battery Tender all those years, it still became a victim of age. I brought it over to Canadian Tire to have it load tested and it failed.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
So, even though I had kept the Yuasa battery connected to a Battery Tender all those years, it still became a victim of age. I brought it over to Canadian Tire to have it load tested and it failed.
What do you mean by "all those years"?

20?

·
Chronic
4,472 Posts
I'd be curious to see what it tests like at Edmonds Batteries.
I have found a less than ideal skill set behind the counter at too many Canadian Tire places.

·
Registered
365 Posts
My Wife's 2004 Acura is Still on it's OEM battery,11 years and counting... it still load tests 'fine'.
My car's Optima Yellow Top lasted 4 years.. Grrr.
Costco will no longer carry those.
Edmonds supplied Chinese "copy' of a Yuasa (hey it was a few $ cheaper) lived 2 summers.
Despite careful overwinter tender attentions.

Luck of the draw? Dunno.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I wonder if an actual voltage regulator in your vehicle would help head off any electrical issues.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
. Yes I have to pull the plastic off the face if the VR. Above is s gear indicator from Acuman, a Brit company.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts