BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject Re: 530 motor
>> Kevin,
>> TM is sending a new (tested) motor and Speedo assembly via air.
>> We will
>> install all components as soon as it arrives and test it ourselves
>> to make
>> sure everything works satisfactory before delivering back to you.
>> Can't give
>> you an exact time when you will receive it till I see the shipping
>> documents
>> from TM.
>> Thanks Dan
>>
>
> ----- Original Message -----

> From: Dan Barker <[email protected]>
> Date: Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:46 am
> Subject: 530 motor
>

> Any word yet ?... The weather is nice and I am not riding with my friends
> yet >>>again ....
> Thanks Kevin

no word,
you can ride the bike now but it will be the same as before. I just have to
put the original clutch plates back in which I can probably do tomorrow
morning if you want the bike sooner.
Dan Barker ...

Geezzzuusss Christopher ... WTF! are they doing ???..:surrender

·
Motard Central
881 Posts

> Any word yet ?... The weather is nice and I am not riding with my friends
> yet >>>again ....
> Thanks Kevin

no word,
you can ride the bike now but it will be the same as before. I just have to
put the original clutch plates back in which I can probably do tomorrow
morning if you want the bike sooner.
Dan Barker ...

If I was you, I'd take him up on his offer and just beat the living snot out of it wile the old motor is still in it...

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sent this letter to TM
It all started the first day I bought it ...
The speedo was not working was to be replaced .. I never tried the bike at that time .. Dan Barker of Barker Bros. Cycles delivered me the bike and I went to ride it that nite ...
I took the bike out and the clutch was so bad I did not ride I just went home .. I called Dan and told him the trouble and he came out the next day to get it and bring it to a private mechanic working from his house.
Got the bike back and road it and it was the same .. not only that it reved so high and could not get it to shut down so I would have had to call a tow truck but Dan came to get it again ...
He took it to the same guy again and put clutch plates and springs and it did not help and now was leaking worse wrom the top of the motor and it was there for more that one month as I was in China but when I got back the bike was still not ready and had to wait another 2 weeks to get it .
Dan told me to ride it and try to brake it in or what ever ... It never got better only worse and the same with the oil leak..
The bike was brought to the same guy I think ..it has been in so many times I have lost count .. and each time the clutch has been replaced and no different it still shudders bad and the oil leak is still there And the speedo still dose not work .. The last time I leave it with Mission Motorsports Dan's dealer and it was there since October and I just got it in March ..Got the bike back and it was so dirty from sitting all winter..I get a friend to help go get it and it was raining so hard we could not test it so we took it home as it was not raining there and I road it and it was still the same.....no change and the guy working for Dan Tony from Mission Motorsports dose not want to work on my bike and is not happy as he told me as a dealer he is not getting paid to work on my bike and is now treating me and my bike poorly and it looks so scuffed ..
He also told me if this is how it is Dan can take him off his TM Dealers list .. And I really don't want my bike there .. I really don't ......
As I took it out to him to show Tony >>Mission Motorsports and let him ride it so I know that he did at least test it as he said he only road it along side his shop a few times and did not notice any thing wrong .. But the min I got it of the van at home I fired it and the clutch made the same noise and shudder and oil still leaking .. How could he not see that and hear it ?? I made the long ride out to Tony And I showed him the clutch problem and how bad it was leaking as the motor was soaked with oil ..He test drove is and when he got on the bike he scuffed the rear fender and side panel and I showed him and he said it wasn't him but me and my friend seen him do it .. That night I drove the bike home and as I did all the lights went out and the battery died .. I bought a new on and nothing .. still no lights ..I haven't even put 1000KLM on the bike ...
I could not get the bike so far out to there Mission Motorsports more that 1 hours drive and Dan told me At first he wanted me to ride out and wait for it but the bike would not start so I had no one to help me as I have used up so many favors to get the bike back and forth to get it fixed before so many times ... .... .. It took so much to get some one to get it for me and it wasn't going to happen so after a letter to him and TM Dan finally came and got it ..

Well now it has been there one week and I seen the parts ordered and it was the same as before >>>>>... Clutch Parts

This motor has been opened and closed so many times and I don't like that at all I bought a new bike and it has never seemed new to me and I paid allot of money for it And did not get the Ti exhaust I wanted as Dan told me there was a back order on the system and the swing arm had a very poor finish on it ..

Dan has told me not to email him or contact TM or Mission Motorsports any more till the bike is fixed ..
A good friend of mine lives way out by Mission Motorsports went into the shop and looked at my motor and could see a gear that has chewed its way into the side of the case and he pulled a large 1 inch sliver of metal from that spot and he is a machinist and could see it was not right and showed Tony and he was only getting more angry .My friend said did you know the bike has no electric power .. Tony said no .. And I had told Dan that it died and he did not tell Tony .....
So now I wait to get the bike back and I really don't feel good about it at all ..
It has been there for 3 weeks now and no word on whats going on yet ...And they put yet another clutch in it and still the same ... Geeeeezzz.. I just cant take it any more ...And I don't want to take this any further than this ...
To make me happy would be A new motor plastics and the twin Arrow Exhaust system ;)

Only now have I made any noise about all this but I have had it with Dan and Mission Motorsports ...

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Sounds like Dan is trying. The guy is a TM dealer working out of his house. Mission doesn't want the bike because he's basically working for free and at this time of year he should be making as much money as possible. This is a seasonal sport winter time is harsh.

Dan and Mission motorsports are not the engineers who designed this bike. There out there time and money just like you are.

The moral of the story is " YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A HUSKY "

·
Registered
819 Posts
Tell them to keep the bike Kev and have a lawyer contact them next about getting a full refund for that lemon. You're just going in circles with these guys.

·
Je ne suis pas Francais
3,398 Posts
I agree with these guys Kev , ask for a refund and get a Husky 610

1 - 7 of 7 Posts