BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks !

Spanking gorgeous weather, and I stiiiill don't have my licence - ah the joy of being at work all the frigging time :p

Anyway - I have a question:

If I get a bike licence here in BC, will I be able to transfer it to a valid UK bike licence ?

I figure I will probably have to call the licencing authority in the UK to find out.

Cheers, happy riding !
Will.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
probably not. it seems the uk doesn't like our skillset.

even with manual shifting experience here, you'd be stuck driving an automatic there.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Willo said:
Hi folks !

Spanking gorgeous weather, and I stiiiill don't have my licence - ah the joy of being at work all the frigging time :p

Anyway - I have a question:

If I get a bike licence here in BC, will I be able to transfer it to a valid UK bike licence ?

I figure I will probably have to call the licencing authority in the UK to find out.

Cheers, happy riding !
Will.
I was able to rent and drive any car over there on my BC license... Don't see how a motorcycle would be any different. I'll see if I can find out for sure.

- CJ

EDIT: The car was a standard "Manual" as the Brits call it. So, no restriction for me there. Then again, I'm cute.. so maybe they just didn't snitch on me and let me off with it :p

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cj, there is probably a difference between visiting and moving there.

a friend of mine moved there years ago, and his license was restricted to automatics until he took another test for standards.

mind you his POS standard mustang 4 banger here paled to his automatic jag there.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My UK license wasn't valid here, there is no agreement between UK and Canada unfortunately.
Are you moving over there this year? If not just get the license here anyway, enjoy the summer. :thumbup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts