BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
going up with a bunch of buddies on thursday night.

·
Smile. :)
1,145 Posts
going up with a bunch of buddies on thursday night.
Saw your post early this morning... Epic powder today on Cypress that we even did Bowen Face right under the Lions express chair, the tree riding was awesome and deep if you knew where to look but once they close down the other mountain for mid-day grooming it became packed.

·
15,773 Posts
Slopes are empty now...
Because it's all closed down due to lighting...
Chilling at the chalet seeing if they reopen or get our money back.

Makes me sad. My first day riding real powder...had only 1 run in.

·
1,145 Posts
That sucks... It was getting a tad more foggy as I was leaving at 6 but only 1 run? I'd get my money back cause that is rather BS.

·
15,773 Posts
It re opened and I managed to get 1 more in then they shut it down again.
Everyone got free passes.

·
15,773 Posts
So my buddy and I decided to wait for the cluster fuck of people to leave.
Well, now the road is closed due to fucking heroes and my crazy raven bill is gonna be 30 percent off. Haha

·
1,145 Posts
Should have seen the chaos going up this morning and heading back down in the late evening, one girl had her old 84 something Toyota stuck on the side of the road, at the top some guy managed to stick himself into a snow bank right before Nordic, and coming back down some guy in what looked like a Lexus SUV was stuck in the ditch at the 30km/h hairpin. Oh and not to mention the twit in the Taurus who was driving over the center line the entire way down the mountain.

·
15,773 Posts
my jeep paid itself off today when i had to barrel through 35cm of snow to get out of the parking lot.

Zero problems, haha. Buddy and I helped a few people who were in there cars and simply did not have enough clearance on the way to my jeep.

Then waited past the first over flow parking lot as they were slowly letting cars down the hill 1 by 1, 100 meters apart...

On the way down saw the fucking hero. Looked like a Jeep Wrangler type box of shit upside down in the ditch. I hope the fucking douche was important enough to save himself extra couple minutes and speed down an icy road... and ended up holding everyone back by 3 hours...

Fucking hate heroes like that.

·
15,773 Posts
I'm going to be there around 130 2.

·
15,773 Posts
is it still nice dry powder or did it melt already?

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
It's pretty wet. Black runs take too much energy (board sticks too much), but blues are just right. Gonna take off after a few more runs - the R6 needs some loving' too!

·
Formerly kanelupis
5,252 Posts
Max, for a guy with Mossberg 5xx, you sure get a lot of shit stolen :laughing

Naw, it sucks dude. Hey, maybe I'll be down early enough this year to do some skiing.

=/\=

·
15,773 Posts
Mosberg 500a was sold a while ago. I now have Winchester 1200 Stainless Police ;)

·
15,773 Posts
how do you guys deal with heel lift? on my back foot i cant seem to tighten the boot enough in the sheen part. And if i over crank it, i end up over cranking the lower part (foot itself) and it causes a lot of ... discomfort ie my foot feeling like it's one fire and then me not being able to feel it at all.

·
1,145 Posts
how do you guys deal with heel lift? on my back foot i cant seem to tighten the boot enough in the sheen part. And if i over crank it, i end up over cranking the lower part (foot itself) and it causes a lot of ... discomfort ie my foot feeling like it's one fire and then me not being able to feel it at all.
Have you tried new insoles? I just got a pair this season from Comor called Superfeet (REDhot pair)and they help with support as I got flat feet. They also help with arch support as that is generally the common problem with heel lift in skiers and boarders.

If that doesn't help you might want to look at doing a heat molding of your boot (depending on model) and that might help as the tongue of the boot is generally SUPER stiff but it can be shaped to your foot to help as well.

I'd just head down to Comor on Burrard to get this all done as that is where I got the new insoles and always get my boots heat molded to my foot.:coffee

·
Registered
127 Posts
What boots are you wearing now? By the sounds of the problem you're having, it's a single zone speed-lace of some sort (BOA or otherwise?). There's a few things you could try (Superfeet are in my boots as well, and I molded mine a couple times to get them right) to help, and a good boot fitter will definitely help. Some additional J-bars may help lock your foot in place as well. If nothing helps, it could be that you're just in the wrong boots. Whether size or shape, sometimes it's just too much and bootfitting won't fix it. Do a little bit at Sportchek when customers require help, but have spent a fair amount with my own and helping friends.

81 - 100 of 124 Posts