BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
18,857 Posts
This should be added, it's been used on bcsb lots... and to my recollection, it belongs to Sikorsky.

muppet:
Line breaks: mup¦pet

British informal

- An incompetent or foolish person.

noun: muppet; plural noun: muppets

synonyms: fool, ass, halfwit, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, moron, imbecile, simpleton, ninny, nincompoop, chump, dimwit, dumbo, dummy, dum-dum, loon, dork, sap, jackass, blockhead, jughead, bonehead, knucklehead, fathead, butthead, numbskull, numbnuts, dumb-ass, doofus, clod, dunderhead, ditz, lummox, knuckle-dragger, dipstick, thickhead, meathead, meatball, wooden-head, airhead, pinhead, lamer, lamebrain, peabrain, birdbrain, mouth-breather, scissorbill, jerk, nerd, donkey, nitwit, twit, boob, twerp, hoser, schmuck, bozo, turkey, chowderhead, dingbat, mook;

vulgar slang: asshat, fucktard, jerkwad, shithead, dumbass, stunned c*nt

·
This space for rent
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Muppet fails the Google test. Sikorsky calls you that a lot, but the term predates this website. I'd have to quit my day job to record all the terms we use often. I need originality.

·
This space for rent
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
WeedWhacking: Apexing the straight in such a way and at such a time as to end up in the bushes alongside the road with the motorcycle still in the upright position, held there by the foliage. At least 2 handfuls of foliage have to be pulled out of the radiator opening.
Fails the Google test. Many external references to bikes going offroad unexpectedly.

Apexing the straight: Lowsiding on a straight piece of road, most commony occurring on the Duffy or the Vancouver/Squamish road.
Fails the google test. No references in bcsb to this term prior to a post in bimmerforums in 2007.

Handito: (v) To be so obnoxious as to warrant the personal attention of Bandito. To metaphorically receive the Handito (a cross between a pearl necklace and a sarcasm laden retort). Subsequently turned into a hand signal commonly used while riding and experiencing something that displeases you.
Added. Including the img.

Jecky II: A moderator who used to banhammer members excessively for little or no reason for extended periods of time. To receive a Jecky II (pronounced jeckytoo) was the final initiation ceremony for candidacy in the Troll Awards.
Nice. added.

Moving to Seattle: Similar to the recent retirement of PeeWee, moving to Seattle was what one of the previous members did when he "retired" from BCSB, pitching a fit of epic proportions and calling everyone out.
Added.

·
This space for rent
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
V-Stroxymoron. Rides a V-Strom, yet squids out. Nothing wrong with either thing all on its own - to each his own on the road, but seems some kind of strange to me to be riding the Volvo of motorcycles, yet going flappy shorts and flipflops lol.
I'll keep an eye on this, but currently fails the 2nd reference test.

·
:D
2,281 Posts
Fails the Google test. Many external references to bikes going offroad unexpectedly.

Fails the google test. No references in bcsb to this term prior to a post in bimmerforums in 2007.
Have you considered that your testing strategy is flawed? Terminology used in the common vernacular on actual BCSB rides should be included imo. This would, of course, require that verification comes from a source other than the "BCSB Keyboard Krew". (registered copyright phrase, patent pending).

·
This space for rent
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Terminology used in the common vernacular on actual BCSB rides should be included
That is a HUGE list and changes entirely the purpose / scope of BCSBipedia. We use terms such as "staggered", "v-strom", "sweeper", "police", etc. I don't want to be typing all day/night, and there are already 500 better online dictionaries out there. I intended only to list terms originating on BCSB. And I extended that to terms actually used by at least a second person. Which is why Kroid wouldn't work - only Bandito says it. "K-Rod'd" however, was initiated by Shovelhead, used by another member, and made me laugh. So it will probably get in.

·
Registered
18,857 Posts
That is a HUGE list and changes entirely the purpose / scope of BCSBipedia. We use terms such as "staggered", "v-strom", "sweeper", "police", etc. I don't want to be typing all day/night, and there are already 500 better online dictionaries out there. I intended only to list terms originating on BCSB. And I extended that to terms actually used by at least a second person. Which is why Kroid wouldn't work - only Bandito says it. "K-Rod'd" however, was initiated by Shovelhead, used by another member, and made me laugh. So it will probably get in.
You just used Kroid. There's two.

If it doesn't go in, you WILL get a rolling Handito by your "pit" next weekend.

·
2,281 Posts
smiley

Pfft! That response makes you seem like a total Kroid. Even Kroid would agree.

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
I don't remember the guy's name. He exploded in one of those typical retirement threads and accused everyone of being anti-gay and said he was moving to Seattle. Maybe someone can waste their time looking for the thread.
Wasn't that Ron? He had an "everything must go" personal property sale at retail prices then popped a vein at everyone and disappeared.

·
must have more bacon
5,434 Posts
I would like to submit v-tard for considération , one who glorifies the performance capacities of the v-strom , ie Hilton or chia

161 - 180 of 201 Posts